Forging was a mistake (Opinion - if you're easily triggered by critisims don't open this)

If there’s a hot spot but it’s been mined. It just means the people mining missed the lucents. So either mine above or below where they mined and you’re likely to find the lucents they missed.

4 Likes

And with a :cheese: d area alot of miners skip all the Exposed Ores, Coal, fossils & gems and only collect the Lucents so think of all that coin from the leftovers

3 Likes

I sell a ton of ores and gems that I don’t even need an Exo for.

4 Likes

I do always need iron. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1::beers:

4 Likes

Ohhh brother.

You’re talking about one of the most “end game” activities we have. Traveling independently to the most rugged worlds in the universe, and mining for the rarest of ores. It’s limited, and it’s competitive.

Would you prefer “Good Money” or “Easy Money”? I can’t deny that right now it’s a bit of both. Please tell me that you’re not also passing up fossils and other stuff trying to get lucent gems.

Miners have the least of T7 problems, compared to any other activity. Like with gleambow and some other things, it’s a bit of an actual race sometimes. But right now the reason lucents stay expensive isn’t due (in large part) to their actual scarcity - it’s due to the large number of players who don’t bother to go get them.

It’s much, much easier to just grind coins out of T1 and buy the lucents.

3 Likes

Back with some numbers because I’m awake now.

Calculating Seams X Drop chance X Coins, Nordalase 6 (current umbris world) has

• 57,088,000 coins worth of Umbris on it @400c per piece

• 71,360,000 coins worth of Umbris on it @500c per piece

• 199,715,743 coins worth of large fossils on it @45c per piece

For comparison Norkyna offers 254,574,405 coins worth of large fossils right now.

Large fossils are a favorite of mine (and many) for this sort of comparison but of course, there are many other items on the table. Chasing lucents though, isn’t really about the coin. And this is not a new thing - it’s been discussed a few times.

You haven’t stated how you’re handling this but there have been many posts from people explicitly stating that they were passing up the actual easy money to get the prestigious loot. All of this is moot if you want coins - they’re raining down 24/7 in many T1 farms and other places in the game.

EDIT: I added a 2nd price point for Umbris to cover the buy/sell spread when I looked at BUTT.

45c is the minimum you should be accepting for a large fossil. Processing them leads to a ton of XP and then roughly 45c directly from the minter. If you can’t sell the fossils easily, take the XP and then sell the essence. This is also much faster money.

LOL 2nd edit:

If you know how many things Ancient Vital Essence is needed for - this is crazy right now. It seems most people are definitely processing these, at least for the XP.

It can’t be for the coin because the minter pays 4.2c for these:

2 Likes

Exactly all this …

There are a ton of coins out there if you focus on lucents for making coins you are missing out

1 Like

"So when mining for lucents be sure to know the altitude to find the lucent. Umbris is up high like topaz and sapphire.

Rift is altitudes 30-50

Blink is altitude 10-35"

What Georgegroeg has stated here is why you see hotspots still fairly lit. So if only a couple layers are mined you still can have some in between. I have mined bright areas and worked either up or down thru the layers. The bright spots diminish and sometimes disappear completely. Just depends how well that area was mined. I have even found an area someone has mined and depending on the altitude i try the next layers and often find much that they left behind. The altitudes given are the densest layers but you can still find some above or below those altitudes.

6 Likes

Yeah, I mine all the large fossils. Suck that sucker clean dry. Don’t really bother with the rest yet because of the hamers cost vs mate cost. It’s like seven hits with a standard diamond hammer so 2c for an ancient tech device isn’t worth it imo, just beter focus on the large fossils and hard coal but I use the hard coal, sell the fossils.

1 Like

Good, stay smart.

Assuming you’re getting this for ~1000c you’re paying .5c/swing, or 3.5c for 7 swings.

Medium fossils are worth 23ish coins after processing, also minter/minimum value. There are others.

Also I noticed that when I was hitting the BUTT the other day I posted a capture from “Large Fossil Seam” rather than just “Large Fossil”. The large fossil market is much healthier:

1 Like

boy I remember my beginning days…clearing out basements one block at a time…zzzzzz…don’t takew my AOE tools awayyyyyyy.

1 Like

I made huge 3-4 high caverns in MC before looking for Dia. But it’s diferent there. Can’t really compare. In this game it would drive me nuts with energy stuff and all.