Forsaken Fortress (College Project)

So currently Im at college doing a course for HND 3D Computer Animation and only been doing it for 5 weeks but this is what I’ve got for the first assesment.

The brief was to create and model an environment scene, with a animated object blowing in the wind.

So due to the big fanboy i am i booted up Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker and I’m deciding to model the first dungeon of the game which is known as the Forsaken Fortress.

P.S. went into this course with hardly any experience modelling at all. so ive had about 18 hours in the software.

Heres what i have start to so far with the sketches cause i couldn’t get good pictures of the fortress to put on the planes to model from.

First Idea page had to do 3. The other 2 were the hound pits pub from Dishonored and a Low poly landscape with a cabin in the woods

Below is a standard development page for simple designs of towers.

This is the main object of the scene of which i still need to model. (area where your sister is kept and you need to fight the helmaroc king

These are just some decorative props so things like doors that will attach to walls and ladders.

This page was for redrawing the sources that the light would come from so lamps, braziers you name it.

And this is the object which will be flying through the scene from start to finish.

then here is the part of the model in which I’ve done so far.

Added the stairs leading to the second floor of the towers.

4 Likes

Great job! Personally,I’d put a support under that big upper piece going to the side of the castle. It looks very unstable,but other than that I like it. I hope you get a A++ in your first project!!

1 Like

oh yeah i did think of support but its partly to do with the perspective and um if you look at the castle in the game it looks the exact same way.

we were allowed to use an area from say a game or movie.

1 Like

now you just need to build it in boundless

1 Like

if i get a water map i shall

Do you have to do the whole thing in 3dsMax? If not I would recommend to add stone cracks and stuff in Zbrush

1 Like

haven’t even clicked the launch app button on zbrush…
later we will but for now im just going texture it better later so it looks like its been cracked. (like in the game itself)

now you need to build it in boundless out of gold blocks or else you’ll get an F-

ALMOST GOT IT! got 4 hours left to submit it, silly me and my concerts! But Taylor Davis was so worth IT!!

3 Likes

I am Victorius, Xbox is booting up as we speak for a reward.

2 Likes

Looks so nice

2 Likes

unfortunately i still have to texture it, we are learnign unwrapping next week

4 Likes

Yeehaw

6 Likes

Holy cow those lights

2 Likes

im not a fan of them but they will have to do since its already been uploaded gonna improve my lighting for the Graded Unit, but I’m starting Character Modelling next week.