Fossil help needed

I’m on Beryln. Have found a couple small fossils, but I need large fossils to make copper tools. Thus far I can’t go to the city on this planet as the lag was up to 14 seconds (yes 14 seconds). I had to port out to be able to play.

So is there a derth of fossils here, or do I need to look in some particular place?

Thx.

All fossils (small, medium and large) go in extractor for fossil extract, so you can use them all for tools.

1 Like

Ah. Thanks. That will help.

That’s some major lag, something can’t be right. Berlyn is easily the smallest city on the portal network. There must be some issue that needs to be investigated by a dev.

Hi @BlueDragon17, you can describe more about your lag issues in the following link:

Ping to the server closest to me is 30 ms. I’m in Oregon, playing on the west coast server. (Planet I’m on is Berlyn.)

Lag two days ago in town was averaging 4 seconds. Yesterday I was able to run around some, with spikes up to 3 seconds, but mostly not too bad.

I rarely get significant lag out in the countryside, though occasionally 1-2 seconds.

HOWEVER, the game had set the Chunk Download Rate at “High”. My connection can’t sustain that. I’m, unfortunately, at a max of 3.4 Mbit here. Sigh… I’ve turned the Chunk rate down to “Low”. Will get back to you if that doesn’t help.

1 Like