Frost Mountain

I’m very much learning how to build based on trial and error - never played a voxel building game before, but Frost Mountain is slowly, oh-so-slowly, getting there. I plan to fill the cavities beneath the castle at the top and fill out around the edges, then chisel and hammer so it takes on the appearance of a natural mountain. At the top will sit the castle, and then beneath I’m planning on doing a network of caverns and corridors that will lead to all sorts of things.

The ramp up I plan to have full blue lanterns but didn’t have enough, so I substituted with blue refined gleam for now.

15 Likes

Super cool! This was also my first voxel game and there was much trial and error. Still learning TBH. I’ll have to come check this out when I get back from vacation. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Are you on Therka?
If yes, I’d know a fantastic frost mountain near my place :slight_smile:
It’s steep and tall and the perfect spot for a tower or a beautiful palace with steps and winding stairways :smiley:
I wanted to keep the place for myself, but have not claimed the land yet, and I’d be happy to welcome you there.

If @PharaohNai should be interested, he could come as well of course! Quite a nice region down there :wink:

Thank you! Hopefully I’ll have more done by then :smiley:

I’m on Solum, which was probably a silly place to build on as I spend most of my time on the ring planets. I have zero plots at the moment so can’t claim any further land, booo!

1 Like

Ah, alright :)) Not a problem. I’m mostly playing on Therka. It should be similar to Solum. I have plots left, and I could spare them, but on the other hand, I 'm not sure how many you’d need. I believe it would be best to achieve more plots by going through as many in-game professions as possible. You can re-allocate (?) skills if you should be getting the feeling you get stuck or you simply want to try another gameplay element. Imo, the possibility to gain more plots has gotten much better.

1 Like

Looks like you’re making nice progress. You’re really going to like what the chisels are capable of creating. We’re pretty much only limited by our own imagination.

1 Like

I think I’m at upwards of 160 plots right now on this mountain. The plan is to go right underneath and create a network of mazes, perhaps even put a portal to my favorite gem mining spot or something cool for passersby to find.

2 Likes

Don’t look through the portal lol, I attempted a snow flake and ran out of room so tried to make a mini one and it was so bad I won’t even be chiselling it. I’ll take it down soon and reattempt. My other daughter is getting the game and will be playing tomorrow, she’s an excellent builder so hopefully she adds some cool creations. My children are way better than me lol

3 Likes