Fueling Portal, Right click to add bug

Hello,

I know there have been a lot of posts about this. Wanted to share the video and that it is still happening:

Issue:
Go to fuel a portal, there is fuel in the portal
Right click Oort to have it add to the fuel amount
System rejects the right click sent Oort and bounces it back to your inventory

Fix:
Left click, take the Oort out of the portal.
Right click add new fuel to the portal, it stays

The problem here is that this bug costs people Oort. The bug happens infrequently and will look like the portal is filled. When filling several portals you may think you have completed the job.

Then when a portal closes you realize that you haven’t actually done it.

You then pay the cost to open the portal again (the Oort Cost).

I know this bug is low priority, but since it impacts all aspects of *right clicking into storage, it would be awesome if it worked.

For example:

When I am farming I will go to right click send things into a chest so that I can keep farming. The system doesn’t update, all right clicked items bounce back.

If I left click drag, all items will stay in the chest and not bounce back from the chest to my inventory.

1 Like

Never had this problem shift-left clicking oort from inventory into the fuel slot…

1 Like

ive had this to all the time.just didnt have video to show what was going on.

It doesn’t happen all the time.

I am in PS so I was fueling our Portal Network and probably fueled about 30 portals…this happened twice.

Because it happens so randomly is how we miss it. Then it results in us thinking the portal is filled…and then the portal goes down and we have to spend oort to open it.

Would be a happy thing to fix.

1 Like

I do sometimes, same into a spark generator.

I get this very rarely when putting wood blocks into my titanium furnaces. I move on to the next one then go back and it works. I just chalked it up to lag. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thanks I was trying to remember the other place it happens to me a lot.

Basically it’s any time you shift-click something into a stack that’s being processed/consumed.

I don’t usually drag and drop with the right mouse button so i wasn’t aware that would do it too.

Yeah. I get it when my ping has minor spikes. Since I drop three SS into a furnace at a time, its easy for me to see when I am dropping an entire inventory into furnaces.

Thanks for the video, I’ll add this to the bug database.

1 Like