Fun Fact: There is a model for a money item

Just over 1,000 hours in and I have apparently never broken a request basket or shop stand with money in it.

When you pick it up, it just goes into your wallet like any money.

11 Likes

or you always stood too close to a stand or a beacon and coins just went straight into your pocket so the coin model didn’t appear

this is the only way to see it by the way - standing far enough from a coin holding item while breaking it; allows to realize there’s coin you haven’t picked up;

you won’t see it in your inventory as it shows as digits

pretty smart to be true, to create a model like that, even though it’s not used in any other in-game situation; just to help players remember about the coins dropped from a stand/basket/beacon

1 Like

Heard about that, never saw the model itself but Docker built it in KBay (no longer there). There is an item display thing in the works according to an old dev comment so it’ll be great if would could throw a coin in them.

2 Likes

It think it was introduced with the reclaim system alongside a spark item, so that coins and spark can be reclaimed.

Iirc, before the reclaim update coins were lost when you broke the block containing them?
I remember loosing footfall a couple of itmes in the past like this.

1 Like

it was there way before

I made a screenshot back in early access when I discovered it for myself (the amazement of it lol).

1 Like

found it!

posted April 2018

3 Likes