Furnace Missing Fuel

Just started happening today. No matter what i put in it. wood or coal it says missing fuel.

Are you putting the burning substance in the fuel container? Because it can’t be in one of the two slots for ingredients

Oops. Apparently soft coal doesn’t work as fuel. Tried Medium cold and it worked just fine.

all coal works as fuel, as does wood, and peat and the compact version of all of these (wood doesnt have compact form)

1 Like

however, uncompacted, it takes 2 pieces to form 1 cycle on soft coal. so that might be it

1 Like

Oh my gosh it does?! What a horrible way to waste soft coal!

2 Likes

yeah each piece of soft is like .6 of a cycle

2 Likes

I can use compacted coal and peat?

1 Like

Here’s more information on fuel;

2 Likes

Compact coal and peat is much more effective for the furnace than uncompacted. It takes 10 pieces of soft coal, roughly 5 burn cycles, and gives you 6.6 cycles each. And it really adds up once you go to mass crafting, where instead of 10-1, it’s 360-50/36-50/3.6-5/ which is a massive save

Ill be compacting my peat and coal. Thanks for the advice.

Ok, next question. Where do i find peat?

Peaty soil often around water pools and such.

Better yet you can find compacted peat underneath prefab thingies. Nasharil definitely has a lot of them. You’ll know them when you see something that looks like a tree-shrine with a gleam lantern and gleam block in it.

26 compact peat per shrine.

Thanks again.

I forgot about it lol. Too long on testing I’d say. :joy: