Furniture: Defogging or Evolving Globe or Wall map

Not sure how easy it would be to code or design but I would love to see a Globe (or wall map) in my house as a piece of furniture that starts off covered or foggy but as I explore areas of the world it removes the fog from that area on the globe.

Would be pretty nice to show off your exploring talents, maybe even have 1 globe per planet so you can have a row of them in various states of fog until you’ve explored them all - all matching the colours of the planets. Perhaps with the various areas in a grid marked on them once they are discovered.

Not sure if the 1 globe per world would be feasible since in 1.0 I don’t know how many worlds there would be, especially with “limited access” servers - would be a feat to use diplomacy (+ bribes :P) to get access to all the different servers for your globe collecting.

Not sure what the crafting requirements should be, maybe some crafting fans can weigh in on a way to craft it based on having physically been to that planet + being an evolving object + fitting into Oort tech lore.

7 Likes