Furniture especially needed for creative worlds

I think there is a place for premade furniture, I welcome it. While yes, style would be a concern and not a fit for all, sometimes you don’t want to chisel 24 chairs, you just want some darn chairs.
I also think with the variety of materials we have there could be quite a variety and if we had 3 styles of each piece as we tend to with many things, give us a medieval, contemporary and futuristic option for each.

Premade won’t stop me making things but it will help me feel immersed. Options are always better. Maybe I have a grand plan for those chairs to be hand-chiseled but I want something there until I make the rest of the theatre? Maybe I make a 40ft chandelier of half premade lamps and half hand-chiseled lanterns? The point is that we just don’t have much to fill space that doesn’t require a lot of creative effort. Sometimes I want that effort going into my castle structure and not all my tapestries.

4 Likes

Yeah, definitely if premade were introduced it could be any style the devs want to include. Thanks for adding kelmat.

I was trying to mention this in my initial post, but guess I didn’t get it to come across that way.

And then it can be supplemented with micro block crafting for custom furniture.

I agree…if they provided pre-made furniture, it should be in a few different styles.

Wood block furniture doesn’t go well with sci-fi builds that are mostly glass/metal, modern furniture would look strange in medieval places, etc.

It would be nice to have parts/pieces that we could use to create our own furniture - or chisel it large then shrink/save (as mentioned above).

It would also be great to have items we could interact with…chairs we can sit in, ladders, etc.

4 Likes

I agree. Have like packs for different types of builds. Various sci-fi, western, medieval, ancient, colonial, or even from various oortian cultures long lost and not influenced by the real world.

That would be cool.

Or if they dont want that, that is okay too.

They could some how make microblock creations interactable I’m sure. And then everything could be just customized.

1 Like

I meant only to expand the point that I think we could have a small number of styles of premades to satisfy “most”. Don’t having to resort to September is pirate furniture month and October is Batman furniture month and November is Hello Kitty furniture month. I’m 0% concerned we will have too much.

#1. I think purely decorative props are such low-hanging fruit that would please so many it seems a no-brainer.
#2. I think interactive props are harder but even cooler, furniture phase 2?
#3. That teased couch image seemed to indicate micro-crafting is an idea they’re looking at. Micro-crafting is an amazing idea but it won’t appeal to everyone, either. Also, without a way to repeat them, store them, sell them, (Blueprints) then this does very little for me. In my humble opinion this is complicated and if we can’t have both… I just don’t know if I want to hand design all my furnishings.

Give us #1, promise #2, then when you release #2 let us “edit” them with #3 and I’m SOLD!

2 Likes

My thoughts on furniture :wink:
I have become hopelessly addicted to Boundless but this is one area they fall short on and I’m full of opinions :wink: Some of which may not reflect on the limitations of the game. So I understand if what I desire is not possible.

1. our tables and chairs don’t work together. The dimensions are different and look kinda off when together.
  2. placement changes. All props sit in the ‘center’ of a block space. Something like a beam goes the full dimension on way…say left and right, but sit in the middle in the other dimension. There is a beam in game that I think would make a fantastic headboard but since it sits in the middle like that I can’t slap it on top of a growth mattress as there is a gap. I can’t take a beam and lay it ‘flat’ against a wall because it sits in the middle therefore there is that darn gap again.
    Each prop is it’s own block. So, I can’t make a garden with any real sense of chaos or…flow…cause it’s one flower per block same distance to next flower…
  3. Putting things in orientation they don’t want to be in. With the prop limitations, using shop stands helps increase the props in our build. But, let’s say I want to put a hammer on a wall by putting it in s shop stand and then sinking it into a wall. I can’t…(or at least I didn’t figure out a way) cause the shop stands insist on being upright.
    You can make furniture packs and the game should 100% HAVE more. What is beautiful rooms without stuff :wink: But, without some flexibility they remain limited.
    I don’t want every item in all the lands handed to me. I prefer to be creative and make something out of something else, but I need a wee bit of help here, people! :wink:

These are all the things I really hope to see suddenly pop-up in-game one of those days :

7 Likes

All of those, yes pls. Especially the lantern & banners

4 Likes

I agree to :100: for fabrics and rugs !

3 Likes

I also REALLY want 3 new ‘beams’ : vines, rope and chains. The chains would follow the color-scheme of copper/iron/silver/gold/titanium.
When you think about it, it’s nothing conceptually crazy. It’s actually something that sounds simple, basic… but it could allow for some crazy cool ideas in builds…

3 Likes

I… wasn’t being very serious with that post.

In fact, I may have been less than 14.2% serious.

2 Likes

I would like furniture on survival as well.

When I played portal knights another voxel game they had jars and bookshelves that served as decoration and you could put stuff in the bookshelf. They had other decorative and interactive props. For example you could sleep in a bed and make it morning or night depending on the sun cycle you slept at. It made for a more emersive building experience. Plus they had abandoned placed you could go pilfer decorations or you could craft.

1 Like

Granted, but you have to convince everyone on every world to sleep at the same time.

This is true and not something very useful but just something to Interact with. Sit at a bar buy some brews and drink it.

PK has fantastic props

If PK had a chisel, I probably wouldn’t be here.

1 Like

What made me leave PK was the super small islands, and how you could fall into the void if you tried to dig too deep. Plus, not MMO, you had to invite friends to your world, and when you left, they were kicked out.

But indeed, great overall visuals and props. I especially loved how the block-textures would bleed into eachother. In Boundless, with a few exceptions like Corruption, it’s mostly a gradient effect. In PK, it’s actual clear-cut borders MADE for that purpose.

You can clearly see how the edges of blocks seem to have a different texture… but it doesn’t. It’s just smart-textures.
Warcraft 3 has the same kind of satisfying effect on the terrain textures in its editor. Loved playing with that.

But speaking of furniture, I would still say Creativerse is far better. They keep releasing new content on that front.

I would still be ok if Wonderstruck made the furniture in the concept arts, like tiers of furnitures, like wooden, stone, metal, gleam. Then, they could release packs of new crazy furniture designs in the exchange, I’d buy them gladly.
They could make money from that. I mean, sovereign/creative worlds are nice, but like @AeneaGames said somewhere else, they likely don’t make a big margin on those, with the price of servers. I think they should have bigger things to sell than hats.

3 Likes