Furniture especially needed for creative worlds

Since people don’t need workshops or storage, I think we really need some furniture

I was on gob’s world and was like “why do you have a mixer room and a centriforge room on creative” and his answer was “I needed something to fill rooms”

Please give us furniture!

13 Likes

I mean, I’ve been yammering on about the need for a furniture update for god knows how many months, maybe all of 2020 and half of 2019.
I’ve been hyped for Creative Worlds mostly because I felt like I had reached a limit on the Raxxian Sanctuary, and because I’m freaking done with hunting/mining/farming to make Portal Fuel, Beacon Fuel, food, crafts, etc. It’s just too much work, too much wait for crafts to be done, too much things to do.
But the truth became apparent once I had my Creative World : I have no clue what to build.

Most of the Raxxian Sanctuary had purpose.

The Cathedral holds our Chrysominter, the main Temple has the workshop with the bank below.
There was plans to have people live there with us as a community with houses, public factory with powered machines… when it came down to it, nobody seemed actually interested anymore, so it’s all taking dust.

Point is, there’s no need for the Chrysominter, machines and stuff…
I’m still gonna make a pretend base, but that’s gonna get tiresome super quick too.
I’d like to make a house for myself… but I don’t want to have to make furniture with chisels blocks, like “look at my bed made out of chiseled sand!”
I’ll make a bath-house, but I would also like to have libraries with books in shelves…
I’d like to have candelabras, chandeliers, tables, chairs, benches… It’s almost 2021 and I’m still filling empty spaces with crates.
Can’t even get rid of snow on my Creative World! I want the occasional rose petal weather effect! T_T

We had a contest to make body-paints. I wonder if we can’t have a contest for a furniture object design.

3 Likes

While i wait furniture… I Also like aspect of creating own furniture.

I mean lets get creative…

Hehe

4 Likes

Same, for me, there is always a relevant staging solution to develop an interior. When I reach my goal, I am very proud and satisfied. Especially since the many storage boxes can be diverted quite easily. With the chisel latice, there are so many combinations for the lights. From my perspective, having a pre-made furniture pack would ruin my creativity. In addition, all interiors will be alike.

I’d welcome some more furniture items, but I’d prefer some modular solution. a set of ambiguous parts (my main problem with existing mesh objects it that they have a very specific style and that makes then not fit in most builds.) , like a wooden frame, ornamental half-pane, cushion, pipe with a valve, metal grate and so on. now we can build a very decent wardrobe for example using storage blocks, doors and sign modules. more options in this department could be the way.

8 Likes

I wish we were bigger. If we were 4m tall instead of 2m tall there would be sooooooo many possibilities

Maybe player size could be a thing on creative worlds?

1 Like

C’est un peu comme les boites de legos et leurs évolutions des années 80. Ils ont commencé à ajouter beaucoup de petits éléments réalistes alors qu’avant nous n’avions que des blocs. Du coup, j’ai joué avec mes parents pendant très longtemps, snobant les bateaux pirates et autres véhicules préfabriqués qui ne demandaient pas ma créativité. Si Boundless devient Dragon Quest Builder, j’abandonne. Je suis d’accord que cela attirera un très jeune public lol

1 Like

It’s kind of like the boxes of legos and their evolutions from the 80s. They started adding a lot of little realistic elements where before we only had blocks. So I played with my parents for a very long time, snubbing pirate ships and other pre-made vehicles that didn’t require my creativity. If Boundless becomes Dragon Quest Builder, I give up. I agree this will attract a very young audience lol

Or maybe if we could chisel with twice the amount of detail, then?

4 Likes

That works too but gives fewer options

Excuse me, I got the wrong text to move from the translator :neutral_face:

On this point of view, I am quite rude. Fortunately I don’t have children … What do you want a castle my baby? Here is a bunch of pebbles, some sticks, and a little mud. Have fun my son, you will be the true ruler of your King dom! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

*lego. Cardinal sin right there.

1 Like

Take it up with google translate
I’m just the middleman
:wink:

1 Like

Maybe they can use all of this Planet $$$ to hire a furniture guy?

JUST A THOUGHT

Decrotive stuff in general I know I have posted on every thread about this

The possibilities if we could chisel every single 24x24x24 little pixel of a block would be crazy!

Especially if we could merge two or more block parts into one block…

1 Like

Someone made a calculation of how much money Wonderstruck is receiving from all this. If you then consider that the servers these planets are running on need to be paid as well there is not enough left to pay a furniture person…

4 Likes

Furniture is definitely needed. There is nothing to put in nice builds except shop stands, machines, and chests.

2 Likes

I also think we need a mix of furniture types.

Fully customizable furniture on micro block level to create a custom and rarity market for furniture.

And I think we need premade furniture by devs that are intractable so it’s not just a dead interior that is really a museum and nothing can be touched.

I would love to have a tavern that people can pour brews in from old barrels and sit at tables and play a game. For example gwent in witcher 3 as an a example.

And I would like to make customized monster head kills as mounts on the wall like an old hunting lodge.

Plus I have a castle to furnish.

3 Likes