G.E.L.F guild Isle of Aquarius BUILD CONTEST **WINNERS!**

I can reply to this :slight_smile:

Small spaces are 4 plots in a square with 4 more plots below water level as a bonus.

Medium is 8 plots (plus 4)
Large is 12 (plus 4)

Itā€™s a challenge. Itā€™s a competition for fun. Itā€™s not meant to be enormous

There is a story to the area ā€¦ the contest builds will become part of a larger story.

2 Likes

Thank you
HOST

Yes, an area of the middle walkway did ash. It was an accident. Due to eneit and myself being in different time zones and real life happenings ā€¦ we decided to split the areas. Replotting from one person to another 2 plots of road were mistakenly missed in our haste to get it done while we had time that day.

It had nothing to do with availability of gleam club or anything else.

We got to it in a few hours as soon as it was discovered.

Itā€™s not an issue

3 Likes

If you win, prize money will compensate cost. There are contests where people are limited to a budget or certain materials as well. It is part of why it is called a challenge. It is really about having some fun too.

6 Likes

Alrighty fair, I do reccomend putting competition builds under 1 name and gleamclub so the beacons have all the same fuel time

The builds are under the GELF guild. There will not be any more issues with beacons than there are with any other player or guild in the game. :slight_smile:

The builds will be as safe as game mechanics allow.

2 Likes

thatā€™s good :heart:

edit

maybe thereā€™s a little communication error on that side?
because 99% of the competition builds are NOT aligned to the GELF Guild

:man_shrugging:

Bad wording ā€¦ ā€œIn the process of being aligned to the guildā€

It will be handled shortly

1 Like

night view

7 Likes

Well done! keep it up!

Good morning, and thank you :slight_smile: I think the area looks amazing too - Iā€™d planned on building an island there for the longest time, but once we decided on the comp and started bouncing ideas off each other - this all fell into place very easily.

Iā€™ve read through some of the issues youā€™ve raised and will answer them here. The Isle beacons are mostly myself and Jarohdan - who is also my husband, and been playing for longer than I have. All comp plots were initially in my name, either Eneit, Caer Arlen, or Coventina.

During the comp, so that people didnā€™t have to try and just align with Australian times when I was awake just to get a plot, we moved some plots to Adora. As noted in many other threads, my disability means sometimes I donā€™t always aim accurately, especially when trying to hurry. This is how two plots were affected during that change over.

I havenā€™t put all the plots to GELF yet, I will after the comp, though. If you go for a walk along the North road from the Isle, you eventually come to my original build in Boundless. Itā€™s been there since I started playing in September 2018. The reason why I wanted to keep the beacons was because I loathe seeing places ash. (Ask Adora sometimes, Iā€™m forever pointing out where builds used to be - in fact where the Isle is now used to be a massive walled build extending right around the lake, with a central shop build in the middle.) These comp builds will remain as long as I remain in the game, and well, thatā€™s more likely to be right up until they turn the servers off, because in nearly five years I still havenā€™t built all I want. Our gleam club is coming up for renewing, but that doesnā€™t mean we are leaving the game.

3 Likes

Thank you for explaining eneit!
And yeah Iā€™ve watched may while she had a run with you around your area

2 Likes

By the way, that picture points nicely out that the beacon name must be also still changed to Vast :laughing:

Yes, thatā€™s a thing I shall attend to when I am back in the game. However it really only needs to be marked Vast for judging purposes (and wow, looking at the builds, am I ever glad I am not a judge, I love what people have come up with) and itā€™s clearly marked on the sign in front of the build, and on the roster :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love this game. It probably shows :slight_smile:

3 Likes

isle looks amazing :smiley: i really really like it and believe me, even after end of contest ill be ooooften there chilling with view :smiley:
i must admit, im abit jelous, not even once i dreamed about huge, single themed area full of different style themed builds :smiley:

but im damn lazy :stuck_out_tongue: cant even decide of my own base home layout :stuck_out_tongue:

please, if you want any help to decorate isle - flowers, shrooms, foliage, tangles, any natural deco block just send me a msg with type and color :smiley: if only it exist now ill farm it :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you, I absolutely will ask if there are flowers I need in colours I donā€™t have.

3 Likes

I would like to say thank you for a great opportunity to be part of your island. Regardless of it being a competition, that part gives a bit more excitement to the fun. šŸ«¶

We all play when we can and how we want. The accomplishment is to be part of something regardless of who owns it. Isnā€™t that what the community should be about.

I followed the rainbow bridge to your water henge and it is beautiful. Then I explore more through the portals, and itā€™s just as amazing. Wow :open_mouth: :star_struck: We sometimes forget to appreciate anotherā€™s creativity when we are only driven by our own needs for acknowledgement.

P.S. Iā€™m available if you need to fill more space on the island with extra builds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Thank you for the kind words everyone.
On a personal note ā€¦
This project with Eneit has been a real joy for me with many learned lessons along the way.

It was ambitious from the get go. Not only because we live so far apart, but coordinating ideas is usually disjointed and chaotic.
From the start Eneit saw my vision and was right on board. She added her own unique vision and soon we were planning and building. She and Jarohdan took over plotting this enormous area. Iā€™d have been lost without them. Jarohdan is a master at layout. The frame of the isle was done in no time at all. marshmallows to you Sir
Every time we discussed how to move forward a story started to form. One that Eneit has been mulling over for some time apparently. So the entire project took on a new purpose other than ā€˜just another contestā€™.
Our enthusiasm spread as we talked to people about it and donations started coming in. That left us with more time to actually plan and build.
(Thank you again for all of the donations!)

Now we have a platform with a growing number of stunningly unique designs.
After the contest is completed we will continue working on 4 adjoining builds that all form a story. We will have signs and markings all around so that anyone that wanders over can follow along. That part is still a work in progress so bear with us while we finish up.

Quite frankly Iā€™m very grateful to G.E.L.F and especially for Eneit. A woman just as strong headed and opinionated as I am who is also very willing to listen to new ideas and share a ton of her own. We have discovered that our styles and tastes blend quite nicely.

So anyone out there who is hesitant to join, for whatever reason ā€¦ reach out to us and add your sparkle to a larger project. We will weave that build into the whole.

May 1st is not that far away. Two weeks. Woohoo!!

Come join in on the fun!

9 Likes

you know, you could enter the comp in more than one area ā€¦ Iā€™d love to see what youā€™d come up with for a Lytel space :slight_smile:

1 Like