Gaia - biomes of a premade world

Dear everyone,

I quite much of a noob regarding the world builder, though I’d like to change it.
Just try and error seems to take to much time for me. It would probably fill all my free time. So I will watch forums for guides that will appear sooner or later.

I found out, there are 2 worlds premade, of which I (or we) could maybe learn more.
I will probably use these examples to make conclusions for myself and learn of them. But It took me some time to work this out. So I wanted to share my results.

I took the world “gaia” and tried to make each biome fit into one screenshot. I personally like to have much information in one spot so I don’t have to scroll up and down or search through different pages. That’s why I created that.

If it is helpul to someone you can use it as you wish (hope the resolution is good enough so you can read it, else I can also give you the originals if you are interested). The screenshots of single biomes are very interesting. Some biomes alone seem much cooler as a world to me, then the final “biome combined world”!

So here are all the screenshots of Gaia with Boundless current world builder:

1. Generator settings:

1a. Visualization of combination of biomes:

1. Biome of Desert

2a. Visualization of Desert

1. Biome of Rocky

3a. Visualization of Rocky

1. Biome of Ice Mountains

4a. Visualization of Ice Mountains (would be quite a cool world itself)

1. biome of low plains

5a. Visualization of low plains

1. biome of badlands

6a. Visualization of badlands

1. biome of high plains part 1

biome of high plains part 2

7a. Visualization of high plains

1. biome of ocean 1

8a.Visualization of ocean 1

1. biome of ocean 2

9a. Visualization of ocean 2

1. biome of jungle part 1

biome of jungle part 2

10a. Visualization of jungle

First thing I realized, with how much less information (like biome of ice mountains in opposite to high plains), how much more complex looking stuff you can create.

7 Likes

The biomes look really nice though it seems that the distribution could be better :slight_smile:

Also I would personally go for more but smaller cave systems, as these would be huge ingame

2 Likes

The gaia config was used to create the live worlds Selta and Tawas - if you want to checkout the result.

Yes - agreed. They’re much too large. There’s an open question of how large biomes should be.

1 Like

what do you mean with large? large in which way?

NOICE M8!!! Love the looks of it man!

Some of your caves span half the distance for the bottom to the surface. This makes them hard to get around in and makes them seem less cave like when you are inside them.

I have another question for you.

But if I generate the world gaia (with all it’s biomes) within the world builder, I just see half of te land mass under water and half of it with different biomes on the outside.
Does that give me an impression about how much percentage visible of each Biome a final world will have? Or is it an extract of an random place, like a puzzle piece of the final world?
Because both Selta and Tawas look much different then what I see in my cube.

The World Builder has changed since Selta and Tawas were generated. This will have effected the generation. Additionally, the live worlds were generated with unique seeds. So whilst the recipe was the same the result will be different. It should feel the same but not be the same.

However, if you do a new generation in the w.builder today, then the result will be matched in game.

1 Like

But the possibilities that could be created with those caves are BOUNDLESS!

1 Like