Game crashing alot

Just started with the game 2 days ago and I love it. But it crashes alot. Sometimes when I start playing it’s 4 times in 15 mins, then it runs stable for 1 hour and starts crashing again. It happens in no particular region or activity, just random. The game just close without any error. If I start up again sometimes I get a submit crash report (I do) but sometimes I don’t get the option. So I don’t know if you need additional logs to find my problem.

Been searching here on the forum, looks like people have/had similar problems but I didn’t see/find any solution.

Running high end hardware with everything up-to-date.

1 Like

windows application log

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 09/12/2019 10:51:02
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DESKTOP-T3BA36I
Description:
Faulting application name: boundless.exe, version: 1.13.13.1, time stamp: 0x5ddfb6e6
Faulting module name: boundless.exe, version: 1.13.13.1, time stamp: 0x5ddfb6e6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000cf427f
Faulting process ID: 0x1894
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5ae755b6ad61e
Faulting application path: E:\Steam-Games\steamapps\common\Boundless\boundless.exe
Faulting module path: E:\Steam-Games\steamapps\common\Boundless\boundless.exe
Report ID: d53ecf89-1eb6-42ce-8777-2477a5fe4427
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
DESKTOP-T3BA36I

boundless.exe
5ddfb6e6
boundless.exe
5ddfb6e6
c0000005
0000000000cf427f
01d5ae755b6ad61e
E:\Steam-Games\steamapps\common\Boundless\boundless.exe
E:\Steam-Games\steamapps\common\Boundless\boundless.exe
d53ecf89-1eb6-42ce-8777-2477a5fe4427

1 Like

Hopefully @vdragon may be of help.

1 Like

Thanks for the reports. We get them automatically and I can see your logs.

We’ll take a look at them and see if we can determine the issue.

(Obvious first step is to make sure you’ve got the latest graphics drivers.)

1 Like

@diknmuis are you running one of these as OS?

• Windows 7
  • Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
  • Windows Server 2008 R2
  • Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

if so: https://support.microsoft.com/en-hk/help/2545627/a-multithreaded-application-might-crash-in-windows-7-or-in-windows-ser

edit: Be careful if you want to apply this fix, make a restore point first else you might need to rebuild your OS.

1 Like

@VirtualEclipse No, I’m running win 10, 9900K RTX 2080ti, game on ssd … and all drivers etc up2date
just arrived on a lvl 3 planet, performance is bad… also alot of ’ bad connection ’ on a 200/20 line with average of 50ms (game)ping

I maybe found the cause of the crashing, not sure, will further playing/testing and post any findings

1 Like

A ok, then it’s certainly not that. Looks to me like a windows/driver issue from your report but I do not know the cause or if it’s really that^^

Here’s what I found researching:

CAUSES OF APPLICATION ERROR 0XC0000005

Error code 0xc0000005 is one of Windows very broad errors. This is because it can be caused by different factors related to an installed program, installed hardware or both. The following are just a few of the many possible causes:

1. An installed program such as the antivirus program that prevents the smooth start of a program.• Either corrupt or missing hardware drivers.
  2. Incorrect system hardware configuration.
  3. Either low memory or damaged RAM
  4. Virus/Malware infection.
  5. An old program.
  6. Corrupt or damaged system registry files.
  7. Data execution security feature (DEP).

Good luck finding a solution o/

1 Like

@VirtualEclipse none of that is the problem, it also only happen with boundless, with no others games or software

I thought RTSS was the cause of the crashing but it isn’t

1 Like

Try playing on planets in your region to help with the bad connection. Boundless is great because you can play with everyone around the world, but sometimes internet traffic will make playing on certain servers difficult.

Good luck with the crashes.

1 Like

So far I only played on planets in my region, my average (game)ping is 50ms. I’m sure it’s not my internet…

1 Like

50 ping in boundless? Or 50 ping elsewhere. Because my usual FPS ping is 20-25 but in boundless the best I ever get is 60-70ms

1 Like

I hear ya, did some more in depth research on that error and it turns out that it’s really vague, might even be in Boundless coding. The only thing that makes me think it’s on your machine is the fact that it’s not a widespread case.

1 Like

@DKPuncherello 50 in boundless, that’s why I wrote (game)ping. It also depends how far your are located from the server, so that’s why you can have lower in other games.

@VirtualEclipse thank for helping out
I think it’s boundless/game/code related, because I don’t have any problems with any other games or software. Didn’t even ever had similar problems on other hardware also.

There’s been similar reports here in the past on the forum, saw the topics when I searched for my problem, although none had any solution.

My guess, some weird network bug or because it’s not real fullscreen(borderless) win10 bug

2 Likes

Maybe your pc is to good try your old one as temp solution I run it on pretty simple pc i can trade ya new one for working old one free off charge :grin:

1 Like

@james Any news on this?

Is it possible the crashing is server related? Last week I played Wednesday morning and had crashes. Then there was server maintenance. Didn’t play Thursday. I played Friday and had no crashes, Saturday only 1 crash. Then it started crashing more and more frequent again, it’s almost unplayable…

And than there’s the ‘unplayable connection’ and the noticeable lag you keep having after the message. Died a couple of times while meteor hunting and getting unplayable connection, no fun at all…

Yesterday - we received 6 crash logs. And 3 were from you. (So you’d currently account for half of all crashes.)

All the crashes are happening at different random locations in the game.

Experience suggests this is a general system or hardware issue rather than an issue with the game itself.

It is possible you’re running beta drivers anywhere?
Maybe damaged RAM? Maybe hardware overheating?
Do you have multiple extra hardware devices running (many monitors, etc)?

At the moment I’d suggest searching in this area. Trying disabling some things and see if that helps.

1 Like

Thank you for looking in to this

don’t have any issue or crashes with any other I games play(ed) on this system

no

no, temps are ok, my system is barely used by the game

running with 2 monitors, already disabled 1 but it didn’t help

will try ‘disable fullscreen optimisations’ in boundless properties because fullscreen isn’t real fullscreen

Logically:

1. There is something you’re doing in game that is different to everyone else - which is triggering a crash, or
  2. There is something different in your environment (hardware, OS, drivers, etc) that is different to everyone else - which is triggering a crash.
  3. Something else? :man_shrugging:

Sounds much more like #2.

May i ask what region you are from?

Also what was the planet you crashed?

If you are lets say EU example you might have really bad connection to AUS servers (logic).
Rebooting router maybe?