Game Population Really Low

Being a Minecraft fan, I was naturally drawn into this game. It’s probably one of the best ideas that I have seen in gaming for a long time. But I noticed the game seemed extremely under populated when I was playing, so I looked at the steam charts and see the game typically tops out at about 30 to 40 users, which is pretty low. So I guess I’m confused about why no one is playing this? Looks like it’s been on steam for a few years, did it not “catch on” so to speak? I’m honestly at a loss as to how this game is going unnoticed by the gaming community. I understand it’s early access, but most EA titles have many more users. I’d really love to see this game take off, it’s extremely fun to play (except for the level 1 spitters which are entirely too OP).

5 Likes

From little that I know it probably has to do with marketing. Game was never promoted to my knowledge, basically the only way to find out about it is to search for voxel/building/sandbox games.

2 Likes

Yeah, I honestly don’t even know how I stumbled into it. But I’ve been trying to spread the word. It would be awesome to see more people roaming the world!

4 Likes

truth is only this year the game reached a stage that is playable (enough different creatures and resources and things to do to keep a player interested for a few weeks at least); a lot of players came in, tried it, and left waiting for more content to be introduced; some of them are back already and more will most likely be coming back;

players who join now tend to stay for good as there is a lot to do comparing to early months this year or the previous year

still, being early access means things are changing constantly and some features are barely represented by in-game items or have full functionality

4 Likes

Yeah what @boundmore said, and that is also the reason why devs don’t want to promote game yet, at least not big time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There are a lot of us lurking on the forums, and not playing much yet as well

(personally, I’m busy - and waiting for things to get closer to release before I start investing a ton of time in the game)

Good info, thanks! I guess I saw that it entered EA in 2014 so I assumed it was more finished than it actually is. I’m still having a blast though. I honestly was just looking for something different, so many ideas are stale these days. I’m usually a PS4 gamer, but there isn’t many games I still enjoy playing on console. So I was browsing steam to see if anything looked interesting, and this jumped out and screamed at me lol. Its good to see the forums are active though, and the devs seem to be communicating well and pushing updates regularly, so I’ve got a ton of hope!

2 Likes

from my experience (I’ve been around for a year) I think that up until recently devs were setting up a very solid base. Now more interesting features are coming :slight_smile: Like latest update that is smashing!

1 Like

Nice. If we could get some streamers trying it out I think that would help bring people in. I would stream it to twitch, but I have no followers haha. I’ll throw a post up on some reddit subs though.

3 Likes

u might like this thread:

there are some players streaming every now and again, but cant remember names

2 Likes

Been following since Oort Online. Only picked it up recently. Taking a break until more content.

1 Like

each time i log in i see an average off 10players to 15players around my builds
so if ya want compagny come join us there from different timezones to

wait for it to be 1.0 to get large crowds we are studying it before release :sunglasses:

3 Likes

yeah - moebius plaza and aquatopia are like a black hole: it sucks half of the population in :joy:
not much left for the rest of the universe

5 Likes