Game unplayable, crashing, 0FPS, not sure what to do

So first, I’m not sure this is related to the latest release, and therefore have not placed it within that topic. I have been noticing more and more graphical issues with my Boundless in the last few days, namely textures not rendering until I am incredibly close to them, and crashing that I know may be related to the update, and for which I have sent in several crash dump files

on that note, my game is no longer generating crash dump files and I’m not sure how to re-enable this.

The following pictures represent something that has been happening to me all day, but has steadily grown more severe as I continue to play and travel through portals. When looking in certain directions, I can see all of the textures and everything else in Sanctum just fine, but when I aim my camera in specific directions, I end up with a totally black fog engulfing the entirety of the sanctum.

Before now, it was only a few angles, and the fog wasn’t all the oppressive, but now it is essentially unplayable. In addition, I am regularly getting below 10 frames/second when I used to be getting 60 easily and I now have all my settings at the lowest possible options.

can barely enter the game now, and occasionally when i enter the game will freeze and remain on my screen while I try fruitlessly to click on it and get it to interact.

EDIT: now believing this MAY have something to do with the optimization in the update, as this is what happened when I walked through a portal (keep in mind, everything at lowest possible graphics settings. I didn’t know it was even possible to reach 0 frames per second. My settings at the time were max chunk download rate and 1gb of cache size

and when i walk through the next portal after lowering my chunk download rate to low

UPDATE: additional anomalies, both of which forced me to manually restart my client to fix. Have submitted the log file from the second screen in an email, as well as details from both of them.

1 Like

Sorry to hear it. But here’s what i’ll say, i have two computers: slow little laptop and powerful standalone desktop (not so powerful for now). So, your situation is almost like mine when i playing on the laptop (1,6GHz celeron 2core/4Gb ram/without video card) same black fog, crashes, horrible fps, etc. And on the desktop (i7 6700k 4,6GHz, 16Gb 3GHz RAM, 4Gb Nvidia GTX980, game on SSD) a haven’t any technical issues. Maybe your problem is not good hardware? BUT, i also whant to tell that game is need an optimisation, because in PG no matter what hardware do you have, you will play with 25 fps!

1 Like

I think you may be hitting a couple of different issues. We are processing the client crashes so will be working on them for the next update. If the game crashes it wont currently always write a dump file, we need to investigate that further.

If you get the very low 1 fps can you send the log file from that run? I went to that location and while I still get an okish frame rate it did drop a lot and showed up what I suspect is one of the issues,. In your case the game loop, not rendering, taking all the time.

1 Like

Sent in a log file after successfully recreating the issue, and a crash dump from much earlier this morning (the last one generated). Also included a couple of screenshots detailing some new anomalies, such as a “World did not repond” message when I first log in and approach my portal, as well as one where my character appears to have turned left and moved through a portal, but my screen was locked on a frame from the previous world.

I have also updated my thread with these additional screenshots. Thanks for your consideration!

Double take Lolwut. Reads topic. Relieved.

I thought this was turning into the alpha/beta Steam forums for a second.

sorry for confusion, will adjust thread title