Gay pride šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ month contest - 25 million in prizes - estimated 300,000 for each participant

The raised fist is a historic symbol of solidarity and defiance used by oppressed and marginalized groups and their allies. Workers rights, Civil rights, etc. throughout the ages.

Just a couple of examples from many.

Workers Rights

Symbol representing feminism

And if keeping irl and the game separate were a concern in this matter, donā€™t ya think they would have shut down the entire Pride contest?

10 Likes

Noice.

I think a fist is fine :blush:

5 Likes

Iā€™m all for whatever symbols anyone wants to use in game personally and I am not going to get into any discussion around politics or personal beliefs in this forum, but in Buugiā€™s defense the fist there is 100% what he suggested it might be. Nothing against it my eyesā€¦ but to each his own.

1 Like

I believe the discussion Buugi mentioned was about taking the religious symbol emojis out of the beta. Originally the game had religious symbol emojis. No need for them in boundless. People are free to build whatever they want though as long as it isnā€™t hate speech.

4 Likes

Totally agree hereā€¦ @DKPuncherello appreciate you hosting the contest!

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot more to it than just hate-speech, so technically people can build whatever they want as long as itā€™s within the rules set out in the Code of Conduct and EULA.

I donā€™t see any problem with the fist personally, as itā€™s generally used as a symbol of unity and inclusion as opposed to anything nefarious.

7 Likes

As stated, I find nothing against it and I am well aware of the MANY versions of the fist and what it can represent. I am a huge history buff and the fist has always represented solidarity and many many other things.

I am also a graphic artist @ heart and have done tons of logo designs and looked into the history of many logos and what the represent and how a person could perceive a logo and well branding in generalā€¦ anyways ā€¦ nothing wrong with the fist ā€¦ as Boundless uses a fist for their logo which is what I first though when I saw the fist in the contestā€¦

Anywaysā€¦ some good readsā€¦

https://inkbotdesign.com/science-behind-logo-shapes/

3 Likes

I throw my fist up if someone says ā€œI need a beerā€ for gods sakes. All about solidarity.

Separate story pertaining to the old thread referenced here, I once stumbled onto a chapel on Sorissi. Sign outside said something like ā€œno sinners allowedā€, so I drove to my local church to get absolved of my sins real quick then came back and entered the build. Guy had signs all over saying non believers are going to hell etcā€¦ if you donā€™t accept Christā€™s love youā€™ll get turned into a toad and all that.

Thatā€™s an example of someone pushing the outside world onto players in game. Not that I was offended, I would never report anything, but something symbolizing solidarity is on a completely different level.

Might as well be a peace sign :peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Dude, ever had anyone give you one of those little aluminum coins and ask if they can pray for you?
-shudders-

4 Likes

LOL no but my momā€™s hair dresser gave me a little stone once with that kind of sentiment. I was like ā€œthis will look great in my trash can thank youā€

4 Likes

Recycling at work

4 Likes

I changed the local church in Minecraft to a shrine to the Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) back when I used to play. So fun with the community made mods. So fun.

6 Likes

:heart: Modded MC

Some screenshots of the build made by @MarinaraCane , @Cactopod, Lorj and myself.

Come visit and do go in the buildings! There is some stuff to see in most of them!

21 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot of amazing stuff at the contest! Actually excited for the end of the contest to see how itā€™s going to end!

6 Likes

a fist is a ancient cry for war from our innerbeast since beginning off time everybody knows what it means when a fist like that shows up and they feel it as well i give it a pass its what we are and we can hide it all we want butt in the end when nothing works it be there its a part off being human and our eternal conflict with greed,envy,ā€¦
the fist used to work alot better in old days now its difficult to see who to point it at
i do prefer the butterfly and that drunk dragon unicorn lol
@DKPuncherello thks for being subsitute dev and making gameplay until they return :smiley:

3 Likes

Finished my turtles! Not half as pretty or well done as some others beautiful builds!

The idea is this: When you are insecure and coming out, you can come out of the closet to family and friendsā€¦ but-- you can also come out of your shell when itā€™s safe and hide when itā€™s not. Just know, youā€™re cute as heck! <3

18 Likes

A few days left guys! Come join in and get a bunch of coin! At least 500k each entry looks like

6 Likes

Unfortunately I might not be able to finish due to not having the time to come on, but will try squeeze in some time, and will finish after if I miss the compā€¦

2 Likes

I woulda took photos of mine but me PlayStation so me canā€™t boop :laughing:

2 Likes