Gem Gear Flexibility

We can now no longer “cheat” gem gear efficiency by stacking different types in the forge, which I think will highlight the problem with topaz and amethyst tools and weapons being generally weak further, since it will now also be harder to forge them on top of that.

Personally, I already stopped using the two swift slingbow types on hunts because despite the loss of elemental boosts, the heavy variants still deal more damage on average (and since I prefer shotguns, the action speed isn’t as important as burst damage and doesn’t make up for it, neither does the extra durability).

Now that we can’t stack them with diamond or emerald for maxed out efficiency, I might stop forging them as well.

What do you guys think? I suggested a while ago that all gem tools and weapons should have equal flexibility, just like chisels do.

4 Likes

Honestly, you’re completely right. There is no reason for the reduced efficiency in the forge when it already has reduced efficiency out of it.

I can somewhat understand the decrease in Lucent efficiency, but for gem tools it just seems silly.

2 Likes

Besides ‘cheating’ I also used to forge 6 different gem types in one go which is now also not possible anymore :frowning:

2 Likes

Which is also really sad :frowning: I used to do this with chisels on the regular.

1 Like

was this in the update notes?

1 Like

I never knew about this!?

1 Like

I’d assumed it was and I just didn’t know because I was out of the loop with what was going on on testing, but I just checked both Testing 224 change notes and can’t find anything. :thinking:

1 Like

If it’s not documented, it’s a bug. @vdragon

@james will this be permanent or changed back to the way it was? a bug?

Or, an undocumented bug fix.

was stacking gems tools a bug? because you can stack metal tools…anyone know if the metal tools have changed with stacking in the forge?