Gem mining - easy fix

I’m afraid the world is not black and white but full of shades of grey. If you don’t want to grind gems, then grind plants, sell them, and buy gems. I think the footfall is root of all evil. Because footfall is free coin, and you think that you should get tons of it, hell… you even want to steal half of footfall from every player, and redistribute it like communist did want to. If there was no footfall, but you had to trade resource you gather for resources other players have it would be way more fair. The shops are orthogonal to grind.

Again, you misunderstand what freedom is. It’s not having everything for free (creative mode in many games), it’s being able to achieve anything you want, given you put enough effort. There is no bounds to where or what to build, or where to go (of course bear CoC in mind and other players plot too).

Again, your misconception is that you are entitled to any money beside those that you get from doing feats, tasks. You get footfall if you are able attract people to visit your plots. But it’s your, and only your duty to make those plots attractive. Easiest way? Make an attractive portal hubs. Or build roads near portal hub in strategic places.

Also freedom means, you don’t have to spend a single coin (beside those on warping) to craft, or gather anything in game. Everything, really everything you can get, if you put at least some effort into it.

600 buy means 60 lost to taxes. 850 sell = 85 lost to taxes. 850 - 85 - 60 = 705, so his margin is about 15%. I wouldn’t call it unfair.

Still vote with your wallet, don’t like the prices? Find better ones, or sell your gems by yourself, and put out request basket if you want them cheap. That’s also one of the aspect of the FREEDOM you talk so much. He has a freedom to put any price he wants, you have a freedom to buy or not to buy.

6 Likes

That’s probably true. I can’t craft gem stuff so I don’t go out buy or looking for them, but that wasn’t the point in my post. The point was that he was buying them from people for 600, taking them, and then selling them for 850.

If 600 is indeed more than fair to buy them at, why isn’t he also selling them at 600? Why is it 250c more expencive?

In this situation YOU are losing money, you could make your own shop stand and sell your gems for 800 instead and undercut his price. Instead you allow him to take your gems, and make a profit off the hard work and grinding you did, not himself. And why?

I’m being serious in asking, why?

I hate shops that do this, buy low right next to the same item they are selling for a higher price, profiting off your hard work. It’s why I rarely ever sell any of my resources to people, it’s just not worth it.

So why do you? Why are you happy to have to work harder, to make the same coin he makes off of you with no work at all?

Convenience.

3 Likes

Why shouldn’t he/she earn a small profit? Baskets are there for those who don’t want the hassel of standing around asking for piecemeal handtrades or setting up your own shop. If it disgusts you, you can make your own shop. How I or others value our time is none of your business tbh.

4 Likes

Is it now? Don’t forget I pay 10% on both, buying and selling, so the prices for me are: 660 and 765

Is a 105 coin price difference so bad now hmm?

It is funny tho, I had the same thoughts as you with quite a few shops, mostly because the prices were inflated like crazy but also 'cos I didn’t like the, to me, huge gap in buy and sell prices. That was until I started to run my own shop!

Initially I had planned to have a smaller gap, didn’t count on the tax with the request baskets, sigh

Besides, buying them for 600c is the highest price I have seen so far! And 850c is way lower than most of the shops sell them for!

4 Likes

100% agree with this!

*she, actually

Also, I have to pay 660c for the gems I buy in request baskets, if I sell them for 600c I only receive 540c. All due to taxes…

And I put time and effort into creating the shop AND maintaining it. Also making sure there was actually some money to even be able to buy them from others. Heck, also had to have gems in the first place to be able to sell them.

All this should be somehow free? Am running a business here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

100c is one warp difference in money. so either u buy this now at his shop or u warp somewhere else and buy it there cheaper but lost one warp :DD

id prefer to get stuff myself though…

1 Like

Not sure, was your reply really aimed at my post? Or just wrong reply button? Not mad, just not sure.

I hate these forums. No, it was for Jirodyne and I definitely hit reply to his post. Not the first time this has happened either.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a bad margin (I’ve definitely seen much, much worse), but you should definitely pick up the shop epic skill so that you can reduce those 10%'s to 7.5%.

Then you could either offer a better margin still, or have more profit not lost to the void :stuck_out_tongue:

Lmfao.

Buy at 600, costs you 648-660 after tax. Selling at 850 nets you 786-765 after tax. That is a malicious markup of 138 coins at best, or 23%.

Please show me what economic activity you’d be willing to get involved in with a return of 23%… not profit; as this needs to cover salaries, building mats, feeding your little oort babies and everything else.

I seriously don’t mind you bringing up things you feel are wrong/ lacking in the game, thats great. I just find your obtuse viewpoints, mental inflexibility and fanatical rigidity in opinion… unfortunate.

6 Likes

It doesn’t have to be boring.

This might make people who want to get the most out of a hammers durability cringe, but never the less, I found this way of mining to add some degrees of fun back into it.

Bonus points when the lag spike at the 7:08 mark of the video caused me to think I was going to drop into the lava.

8 Likes

Well …at least you’re having fun xD… this is like the complete opposite of my precise block by block carving of tunnels and side tunnels but I enjoy the idea someone somewhere right now might be swinging above lava making random craters and finding diamond :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hah, why do I get the impression you go through 10 monster energy drinks per session and have a glitterball for a room light

1 Like

No idea, the german dance music in the video maybe? I haven’t had monster drinks in a few years, I really only drink water, tea and coffee nowdays,

2 Likes

The specialization is a big failure imo.
It could work for a blockbuster mmo with +20k players activity, auction house or hubs.

It doesn’t work with 300 players struggling to get basic stuff from empty stores, with prices ten times higher than it should be. That’s why everyone got 3-5 characters. This way we can emulate some kind of synergy without waiting for a “restock” who may never come.

The intent was noble, but out of our league for a small scale game.

I actually brought this up before in my post about the Forge being too RNG. A simple solution to a lot of problems is doubleing the durability of ALL tools or even just hammers. It is way to easy to make a titanium hammer then take that titanium hammer out and just by bad luck come back with not enough to cover the resource cost of the hammer you used.

This shouldnt be possible if you have even a basic knowledge of the game.

1 Like

@Lyrical u can specialize one character and then broaden ur palette with another character and another… u are not forced into only one aspect of the game thats an untrue statement
@Trizer: see above
@The 300 players struggling for basic material: basic material is called basic cause its easy to get. just try it… easy as picking flowers from the ground

If I need to focus on low level task (stealing new players opportunity) we are back to square one.
Specialization is a failure.