Gem respawn times

Does anybody know how long it takes for gems to regenerate after being mined?

I ask this as the emerald heat map on shedu seems to get duller every time I go there, no matter how long I leave it. (It’s been at least 2 weeks).

1 Like

I think it takes less than a day but, gems specifically spawn less where they were recently mined. People have to mine elsewhere on the planet in order for gems to come back in the first spot.

I mined a bunch of emerald this weekend too, sorry I’m not helping :frowning:

1 Like

Iirc regeneration starts after 4 hours of nothing being changed in a chunk. If a player enters the chunk during regeneration then it pauses until the player leaves unless something is changed and then the timer resets.

1 Like

Resources also regen last. So if you hit a long stretch and only get rock might want to try a different spot because that area may still be in the regen process

2 Likes

I mine all over shedu, at random time with at least a week in between. I don’t think I’ve mined the same spot twice.

But the heat map is now so dull compared to a month ago.

1 Like

Jesus! I just realised I had amethyst is the sodding atlas!

8 Likes

LOL was just going to ask you about the planet resources tab, and such.

Good to have it solved.

I have no idea how I’ve mined for 2 hours without realising!

… Did you find any emerald?

Yeah, a few hundred.

Unless they made changes to the regeneration you can read thru this to get an idea of how it all works. But in short resources don’t regen till everything in the chunk is regenerated. And depending on how much is changed in the chunk depends on how long it will take.

Edit: also here’s the other topic started by a dev about regen.

Pretty easy to find the stuff on regen with a quick search of regen. :man_shrugging:t4: