Gem tools expensive to make? (I have been making them though!)

Try tier 3 planets I got some from Narhasril. The meteor core 1s were dropping gems for me. You may need to up your stats for a tier 3 planet especially for tier 2 and 3 meteors I solod a 2 but so many monsters spawn so it takes forever. Tier 3 planets shouldn’t be underestimated you can get so much material on them. It blows my kind how high people sell certain materials when in reality they are actually easy to get because of tier 3 planets. It just requires alot of time into the game to be prepared.

2 Likes

I made all t2 power coils for my workbench and compactor and some for my refinery but then in a moment of madness I went our and blew pretty much all my coin on the rest for the refinery and about 4 for each for the mixer and extractor as well as a wrench/spanner/key/etc for each set of coils. I’m usually fairly patient and generally wait to see what change the next update will bring but this time I guess I just jumped the gun.

2 Likes

No worries, I know the feeling.

1 Like

I generally do most of my mining and hunting wildstock on T3 planets but now I just avoid meteorites altogether, apart from dormant ones obviously. The lower tiered meteorites don’t seem worth the trouble and my character isn’t speced up enough for hunting really to tackle the higher tiered meteors on my own.

1 Like

So am I right in understanding that advanced power coils are going to be a lot more expensive in terms of resources to make after the update?

expect more tech components and/or gems etc going into making them - so people start making more basic engines and use them more rather than only crafting enough basic workbench engines to be able to craft all advanced power coils then

2 Likes

Makes sense … although some might still do the same thing but knowing that it will just take even longer.

Yeah its a choice either wait quite a long time to be able to mass craft advanced coils and not to craft power recipes or make some basic engines to be able to craft the lower power recipes before advanced power coils are made.

However, if recipes for advanced power coil are really expensive than it will be more efficient to have 3 basic ones in place of advanced one. And advanced will be made not for efficiency but simply because 24 small ones (2400 power) won’t be enough to craft some items and you will have to eventually craft the advanced ones.

So - we are looking to see a system where crafting cost of 3 basic engines is lower than crafting cost of 1 advanced engine.
That way you don’t go for advanced engines to save on ingredients needed to craft them, but only to be able to craft recipes requiring over 2400 power. Crafting advanced power coils becomes not a game of input efficiency but necessity in case of end game recipes.

1 Like

At the moment the highest amount of power needed at least for the workbench is to make the best fuel but im not worried about that haha so atm I am content with 2k power. As we get more tier 3 planets it wont be as bad, honestly don’t understand the tier 3 planets. With high luck, a atlas and materials you will find alot. I put a shimmering orb in an atlas and was not dissapointed. Once they increase drops rates shimmering orbs won’t be a problem anymore.

I hope these higher tiered recipes will be worth the expense and will be achievable in terms of available resources to make them viable and desirable enough for people to want the advanced coils.

1 Like

just look at the most expensive recipes now - the ones asking for the most power: not too many of them at the moment but we sure will have more in future as end game materials/resources come in (blink, dark, oort etc);

there is life without them of course, just like there is life without gems and gem tools - you can well play happily with iron, silver and gold tools and enjoy the game; so its a question of what you want from game; if its just creating things and having your own corner and maybe roam around and enjoy exploring or running a shop, then its your choice what recipes you need to know and master to make all that possible; if you want to beat the game - be top at least in one activity, maybe create a huge guild and co-build capitol as well as be involved in end-game events like titans, then of course you will need to either craft or buy top tier materials and tools (if some of it is required to actually beat a titan; maybe you’ll be able to do it with iron tools and weapons lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

2 Likes

The rage and focus brews are also getting cheaper in the next update which should make them a bit more viable

well it still a bit harder with rage brew as you have to take dmg befor you can use it :frowning: hope they make it worth it.

I agree. I think gem tools should be hard to make but not THIS hard. Maybe make it 20 gems per tool instead of 30.

I couldn’t do without my gem slingbows … it’s bad enough downgrading back to iron hammers at the moment, although I did treat myself to a diamond hammer last night mining for some emeralds. Probably not a good thing though because I just end up teasing myself with what I miss when it’s gone. It seems the two main options are either run a very successful shop so you can buy what you want or become a hunter so long as you have a very good Internet connection for community hunts and have so many gems that you can even use them for building blocks.

1 Like

I don’t see it as difficult I see it as I just mined 99 diamonds on a tier 2 planet and there all gone already. I can’t wait to see how the forge works. Maybe we won’t need as much diamonds but will need to make each individual part (kinda like the Minecraft mod) making a mold pouring the liquid ore. I would love that!

Diamonds are super easy but try mining sapphire or amethyst

1 Like

The thing is with high luck you eliminate needing to find alot of those gems. I get 4 emeralds per block thanks to my luck.

And topaz …

Yea diamonds are inherently too valuable because they are required to make tools and required to make the spanner to fix the engines to make the tools and they themselves are a tool. Yet the only way to get them is blindly digging on andoweem until you get lucky as they have no caves for them. If the diamonds were on vulpto and the Ruby’s on andoweem this issue would not exist.