General Courtesy & Plots

pretty accurate

200 (1)

1 Like

The problem is there are griefers … and at the same time I am reluctant to call them griefers because technically any plot can be claimed if it’s free, but like the topic it doesn’t hurt to just have a little courtesy to other players.

I am happy when anyone claims any spot in any mall… and does something with it, but to just let it sit there for weeks when people are actually asking me for plots every few days bothers me.

I just want to see things flourish and as I was told I’ll probably just do things the way I do things and do my best to help out and I extend that help to any of you.

if you have a public project with clear rules (which you have right to make as someone who spends time and plots), then anyone not following the rules is a griefer (even if they can’t be defined as such by general game CoC)

so, yeah - you have right to call them that

yeahright

Much like nothing is promised to us as players. If plots are available, why not take it? That’s how the game is setup.

1 Like

Wack them whack them hard

Some people can just be really bad at time managment,

I have to snag that plot in the mall for the store I am going to open… soon™…
just as soon as i finish this one project,
that needs to be finished after i finish this other project,
but not on days that end in Y because there is a hunt that day…
but also don’t forget Im trying to take part in the twisted dj brown dragon fantasy toilet gleambow marathon huntlodge building contest…
so all of my building is on hold until that contest ends…
but thankfully it was extended another 6 months and i can use a whole planet for my build,
so maybe next year…

oh look a exo just spawned, time to drop everything…

1 Like

While I agree … when they have 8-10 plots doing this same thing in the mall … or it takes over 2-3 weeks before anything is there…

that is where my concerns lie…

And I understand some slow development… I owe Spoodle a shop and have yet to even get to Brown Town to look . and just started mine in Kree Mall … which took me a few days to finally start

Honestly i think the only way a mall works is if the owner owns all the plots in the mall and the stores are just filled in by people that want to build there…

we have 10 characters with 250 beacons each… but then i understand people would start missing out on all that footfall…

you cant trust the general public in these sort of games anymore especially if the admins arent going to help out with this sort of thing

The devs should add something like the ability to rent a plot from another player and combine the reclaim system with it so you could have something wonderful…

but honestly the best solution is sov planets like future where the the owner can just force reclaim any one off the planet.

heck right now with no mods the best solution is sov planets, if anyone bothers you just have the owner mute ban them.

2 Likes

Oh for sure… there is no real cure for it really. You are always going to have someone do something like this in any game if it’s allowed and I’m all for malls on any planet. I plan to build a shop in Future mall soon too :slight_smile:

Finally my constant annoying post have worked

Well… my choice of placing a shop in Future Mall was more after speaking with May and Host so maybe they didn’t work so well :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah @host is the absolute best

our mall works like that but you dont miss out on the footfall due to a ingenious system off plots alts and guilds but its one off the least popular malls so that doesn’t even work our maybe its due to me not making enough advertising our when i did it was a bad moment also they all come our none then you just get the friendly folks who wonna give everybody a change

people wonna own there terrain i guess
now if devs would take a look at the sunkentown mall rent system and made a special mall beacon lets say a beacon you can rent and it stays yours all month but ya need to renew it monthly for small fee the solution is def a special beacon for malls but for that we need active developers lol

1 Like

I think letting someone else own your mall shop has dangers worse than losing out on footfall. EVE Online had a player-run bank where the owner of the long-running bank ran off with everyone’s money. If I open a shop, but don’t own the plots, and put millions of c worth of goods in it, there is nothing stopping you from taking it except for becoming a pariah in the community.

I don’t think you would do that, just like I don’t think Host would force-reclaim someone without good reason, but I also don’t like the fruits of my time being in the hands of an anonymous player.

that’s the thing really, malls do get abused with unnecessary plots. and yeah I admit I was one that kind of plotted more shop spots on malls than I could really handle lol, or keep them on hold for others and they don’t show up or tell me ‘‘give me some weeks’’ anywho I’m always annoyed by empty malls because of the shops either being neglected or plotted to troll or maybe ‘‘forgotten’’ that’s why I went for a mall on a sovereign and try to make it work for everyone.

a core centre with portals, each direction is the same distance no matter where you go and also you really cannot get lost if you remember it either by compass point or colour-coded areas.

when it comes to reclaiming I don’t really reclaim unless I need to like I have reclaimed a spot that was not being worked on for 6 weeks and no reaction from the person not even after I sent a PM
this is really how I do it

shops empty for 2 weeks, I will PM you asking if you plan to refill any of the shop stands
if I don’t get a reply I wait another 2 weeks and if I have not heard anything I will reclaim it making the spot free for another interested player, mostly I will wait longer than 2 weeks.
also if a good reason is given for example they need a break from the game but like to keep the spot that’s fine too! or when they are busy in real life since real-life gets priority

as a sovereign mall owner, you also have certain rules to obey and one of them is not to turn yourself into a god and treat everyone equally!

also i want to pre-build all the shop spots so no time is ‘‘wasted’’ on the shop owner to build and also trying to get their trust in a way.
having a pre-build shop means i use my resources my time and pass it onto you.
when you build on a sovereign mall nothing is lost really everything is reclaimed to you if a reclaim takes place

i play this game for over 2 years daily and im known by many.
all my projects are community based for the community, the hard work to keep the portals going from region exp area to farms!
and the mall is just another project to make your boundless experience better :slight_smile:

That’s how I run my city boop