General Courtesy & Plots

I apologize for this long post and me just venting here ahead of time …

I was typing all this into another post but thought it got a little off-topic

I will say I have had my issues with plots. I took on a personal challenge to help out DK Mall … not for any reason really as I have tons of projects going on, but I am just generally social and try to help everyone I run into.

I started to see MANY empty plots in the mall being claimed by 1-2 people (griefing) and I also saw some stores turning to ash and instead of letting this become a huge hole in the mall or allowing the griefing to occur, I would claim the plots and hold them. I am active enough in the mall (2-3 hrs a day) and online enough to manage them and give them to people that needed them. I made sure to reach out to @DKPuncherello and let him know what was going on and how I was trying to prevent some griefing from happening with a few players that were just claiming MANY plots in multiple malls. I would be ok with these plots being claimed if they were actually being used as shops but they are just simply claimed … I would assume for the footfall.

Not everyone is/was aware I was doing this and I had a player last night get very “uppity” towards me simply because I asked if I could have the plot next to my store … for my friend … he and I are the only 2 in our guild and he tends to work a lot and having our stores side-by-side would allow me to manage the two of them much easier. I explained all of this to the player.

I was told that I had plenty of plots claimed in the mall and my friend could have and that I could “manage” just fine without the plot next to me. He said he only had one plot and wasn’t giving it up. Granted… I knew very well prior to contacting him, he had about 8 stores claimed…that were simply ash… and have been for weeks.

I am always very nice and brush off anything too negative and this player may have just had an off day or maybe was going to actually use the plot and got offended I asked. All I ask is to be nice to other players, I don’t know that in-game I have had anyone not be polite, try to help me out or at least wave if I waved at them (except one of the people in the mall griefing).

I had quite a bit of luck with the plots in DK Mall and contacted numerous people that had empty shops and or just claimed areas. 911 and DaughterOfEve both cleared up some of the plots and helped me out with clearing their beacons at times. But, this last player just really ruined it for me and I reclaimed all my plots in DK Mall minus my 2 shops (concrete shop and my friends across the mall).

I hope the plots go to someone that will use them and I am more than happy to assist DK Mall in it’s future endeavors … as I know some changes are taking place soon.

come to sunkentown mall nia zed ka(tnt portal for nia) its non griefable
it has a nifty guildbook system whenever someone disappears we store there items in the catacombs off lost and found(for recollection) and reset the shop its been there since forever
and tons off shops to choose from you get the footfall from the plots you just never own them theres only godmode player that has acces to the shop and no worrys he owns every item a million times so he def wont touch it plus you dont loose plots wile running shop :smiley: if you wonna go big you can you want market spot we have it multiple shops OK you need a massive area to have house on go to the massive residential areas using the metro system if ya bored help work on our themepark lots to do and all the time in the world we been around since day one sometimes we play sometimes we dont but the town is always there thanks to uberplayer wischl

1 Like

Shameless plug huh

Sadly the griefers will just claim them, that will continue and eventually the mall will die because its just full of empty shops and plots.

The ability to exploit plots has always been there and with the devs busy it’s only going to get worse.

1 Like

not in sunkentown
all shops are plotted and individual linked to a guildbook
you just click the guildbook and use the shop if you disapear we store the items for ya return and reset the shop for next user we build it to prevent this mall problem i just never picked up we have like insane huge infrastructure ready for comunity to use
it been griefer proofed completly :smiley:
@Redlotus if you like grief free playzone contact us we def can use a new passionate player in the mall to help get it running ow and its 100procent pressure proof but if ya need something we there superfast (also on Gleamclub protection since day one)
we also preplot huge areas if newcomer wonna go big our have crazy build he wonna do trouble free

ow the numbers on the footfall on vid could be diferent @Wschichl sometimes has special offers aswell not sure what we doing atm with new shop users

3 Likes

Getting involved in other people’s problems/grieving is always a bad idea. Even if you’re doing it for the right reasons.
It just ends in you get upset over something that you shouldn’t have been involved in the first place.
There’s a lot of jerks out there.
Just keep you’re head down and work on your own stuff. Life’s a lot happier that way. :beers::v:

8 Likes

mall is to help out people our crew has all we need and more just lacking people lol when you wonna build there we usually shower you with the stuff you need if the player doesnt mind offcoarse some prefer to get there own stuff
we allready in retirement we just chilling not looking to gain stuff just friends

yeah its like watching the newz :joy:

1 Like

3 Likes

Hahahaha. El Chapo aka El Cookie strikes again. I wonder what happened to the baker? :eyes::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well it has been mentioned numerous times that malls on sovereigns are more controllable, I guess that’s not the point for me.

I would agree though, I may have been better off just sitting back watching it all happen and minding my own business, but sadly that’s not my style at times I wish it was…for moments like I ran into last night.

I have shops in a few malls and I’ll check out Sunkentown too. I am currently about to open my concrete shop in DK Mall after I stock up on a few more colors and plan to have another in the new Kree Mall which I am very excited about. I also plan to build one in Brown Town as soon as I can make it over there. As I said lots of projects.

I think me and u could be very good friends :grin:

I ran by you in-game in TNT and said “This isn’t ARK!!”

I don’t think we can be friends… :rofl:

@Redlotus I’ve been doing the same with Gyosha Mall. MajorVex posted in the mall if anyone needs a lot that I have plotted to PM me… either here or on the forum. I took it upon myself the same reason you did… greifers… I do it to help her out since she cannot always be online 24/7 and I thought it would be nice to help out. Once I get notification about someone wanting a lot I try my best to arrange a time to meet up and hook them up.

It is a shame greifers love to ruin other people’s project and it’s something sadly won’t go away. Karma will get to them. I’d recommend not to give up based on a bad experience and continue to do you. You want to help out a mall then do so… the owner(s) will appreciate it more then you think.

3 Likes

Ironically, I spent a bit over a thousand plots to help someone out with a project because they were cancelling gleam club.

Now several months ago they grabbed some empty mall plots I could expand into, and won’t release them because " my friend quit but when they played they wanted those plots" …

All righty, then!

2 Likes

thks for coming to have a look that allready makes me happy :smiley:

@Nightstar

Yes it is a little disheartening. I just want to help the malls in the game and in turn, the economy. I am not sure who said the game’s economy was slow …
I think it may be a supply problem as I sell out of most things as soon as they hit BUTT.

I never said this was ark

1 Like

i tried that on gyosha and dkmall and it just backfired at me. so much for being the good guy.
just be careful :slight_smile:
thats a reason i kind of got pushed into a sovereign :expressionless:

1 Like

bigpush

“kind of”
:rofl:

1 Like