General Positivity/Appreciation Thread

Let’s overcome negativity bias together!

I’m going to list some things I really like. If you disagree this isn’t the thread for you :slight_smile: Please feel free to post whatever things you really like.

• Centraforging is a wonderfully designed system and it really makes me feel like forgers have their own unique brands, both in the output and in their recipe decks.
  • Designing a game to support a healthy in-game economy is quite difficult and the devs have done a great job of balancing things out. Perfection cannot be attained so I give them credit for what they’ve achieved.
  • Exoworlds and gleambow hunting are really fun and a good way to spice up the game
  • Watery worlds are really beautiful–something I sometimes forget when I’m swimming through them. Reminder that Earth is 70% water LOL
  • People who design portal hubs have done a really great job, making them intuitive to use. I haven’t been around long so I don’t know how messy older iterations must have been, but they are pretty user-friendly now :slight_smile:
  • I am pretty grateful for tools like Pfiffel’s Damage Calculator, the Skill Calculator, Mayumi’s Forge Simulator, which make experimentation a lot cheaper and faster. Thanks for your hard work :slight_smile:
8 Likes

Great post!! :smiley: :+1:

• I absolutely LOVE chasing Gleambows, so addictive, and getting so much stuff - the blocks, Oort, sacs! :slight_smile:
  • Exos are just awesome, so much fun to explore and do screenshotting on, to find out what they are best for. Nature is absolutely gorgeous in Boundless, can really get lost in the beauty of worlds, staring up at the skies.
  • The Boundless community is so incredibly talented! You all are constantly blowing me away with your creations, I love just randomly wandering and seeing what is out there. :trophy:
  • Mining and collecting are very peaceful and really even healing for me… put on some music and zone out, I never really tire of it!
  • So many cool blocks and things to do with them (chisel, emojis)… endless possibilities, my project list keeps growing!
  • Great folks in this community, so helpful and friendly - so many who do things for the benefit of others: mall/market owners, portal hubs, those who create content like tutorials and other videos, all those who offer help to others.
5 Likes

Despite the occasional hiccup, the community here has generally been very welcoming and helpful! When I began playing (a few times due to stopping for a while and coming back) again, every time I’ve had some rich player give me unmerited gifts (forged tools, weapons, blocks…) without me asking! Also, I think this gleambow event has been very enjoyable. Great job developers! :slight_smile: (sorry this wasn’t a structured list lol)

6 Likes

I appreciate everyone involved in bringing the gleambow event together. I have never collected so much oort in such a short time.

3 Likes

The objectives are really helpful for learning the game and also addictive :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love how portals work in general. We can create our own and get to new planets and I think the coolest part of this game is how people have made hubs connecting the worlds, and other people’s builds, together.

5 Likes

gonna have to give a shout out to my fav basic blocks, verdant grass and sedimentary rock…love you both.
also, repairing a machine and coils as one…let’s never forget this wasn’t always the way…
also for the major hubs for just being there :kissing_heart:
also this

and the list could go on and on of course but one last big, sincere, shout-out to the silent and stoic majority of oorts who, though they may have a strong opinion about whatever the latest drama is about, choose not to share because there are enough loud voices already :+1:

7 Likes

Theres nowadays very little things that i do in the game but some of the qol changes have been good even tough i consider myself as that one guy in the corner sitting in a rockingchair and telling people " back in the dayys everything was better"

As @catfud alrdy said.
Machine repairing so much better now… i like that you can now actually show just the machine part without thinking where i can access the coils. So making things more simple… thats what i personally like.

Second thing is just building generally… it has come long way and provided new possibilities with lattice example. New blocks are nice although theres some stuff i would like them to add but guess its coming.
I dont really care blinking and fancypancy stuff so wood and random rock bits are my go to building mats.
Also them changing some recipes to give more accessability to people is great. I never thought i would actually do so much work to get gravel example (lol i know)

6 Likes

Super appreciative of the game in general, three months of lockdown would’ve been far more unbearable if I didnt have Boundless. It has been calming, welcoming and at time it has felt a lot like “mindfulness.”

The community is, in general, amazing. Like, I wonder if the the creators expected people to build malls? Or massive hubs like TNT, PS?

I just love that it has it’s own society, social norms and rules and economy, so clever and so fun.

8 Likes

another quick shout out…
sprays!
for example, have lots of storage blocks but none the right colour…no problem, just spray and store.
no more having to gather this that and the other to make new units…fantastic time saver.

6 Likes

I Enjoy Speed Brews I go Vroooooommmm and go Boop like bonkers (^-^)

4 Likes

I appreciate the wonky loading circle on the loading screen still hasnt been centred 2 years in.

3 Likes