Getting emoji onto signs. Please make this easy

I am still trying to figure out what to do to get emoji onto signs. I am gleam club ( before anyone throws that out there) I have looked at a couple of the lists of emoj, in the forum. I just can’t figure out the magic part that makes them in the signs. Someone please type one out for me to copy…

1 Like

;oort; but replace the semicolons with colons

2 Likes

:goldore: becomes :goldore: and so on…

3 Likes

Something you might run into is that the sign has to belong to someone with gleam club. You cannot put emojis onto a sign owned by someone without gleam club.

4 Likes

I share a build with my husband, we both have Gleam Club, but I can’t put emojis on signs under his beacons, just FYI.

There is also a bug where sometimes the first time you put an emoji on a sign it won’t take but if you do it again it will work

Is there a list somewhere of all emoticons from the game that can be used?

Looks like this post has it, but it’s a very long list.

Most of the Emojis in game are just the “standard” Unicode ones. Most of which are covered here: Emoji and 📖 Meanings 🤔😍🤯 The Complete List by Category (◕‿◕) SYMBL. You can usually get those by by doing the hex number after the U+ in the link above with : on either side. For example, the first one (😀 - Grinning Face Emoji or Happy face, 😂 Smiling Face from Category 😂 Smileys & Emotion, Unicode Number: U+1F600 📖 Emoji Meaning ✂ Copy & 📋 Paste (◕‿◕) SYMBL), to do it in game it would be :1f600:

Now obviously the Unicode Hex numbers are not an easy thing to remember or use. And it does not cover the Boundless specific ones. To help with that, here is a most up to date list:

As you can see, there are a lot of them (1360 total) so it could take a while to look through them. The above can look scary as first, but that is because it is just in a “machine readable format”, JSON. Here is an image to help you understand it:

msedge_KcIA9B2oor

Any of the strings in the first box under “names” are what you can use in game as a name between the :. So :alloymace: in the above example.

The second box is a URL you can click that will take you to a preview image of what it will look like in game (if you are no in game now testing).

The API endpoint above is compiled from a list from the game files location at Boundless\assets\gui\emoji\emoji.json if you would rather use that file as a reference. It only has a list of the names though, not the images.

1 Like