Getting on the same page about the next release (date inside!)

Wanted to share this because I’m pro transparency and because I haven’t been bound to secrecy or anything even if the original person who received this info may or may not have been. I don’t understand why this information isn’t being shared publicly so I’ll do it so that everyone can be on the same page and have the same info.

There’s a rumor going via IMs that the release of sovereigns/creatives will be on the Boundless anniversary. Whether that’s the Aug 16th anniversary of the universe going live or the Sep 11th (1 month from today) anniversary of the game officially launching I’m not sure.

But at the very least this hopefully maybe helps people not take time off work when they think sovereigns (or creatives) are coming out like I did last week :frowning: .

Personally I’m speculating we might get more than just the rentals in this update if it really is being held back for so long. Hopefully the totems Jess showed off if not a lot more for one big “special” update.

Feel free to discuss and debate below.

Awesome and what totems?

Meh. Rumors are rumors. Unless there’s public word from a dev or screenshots from a dev convo I’ll never trust what anyone says. Nor should anyone else really. Well with the exception of @Xaldafax since he has phone calls with the devs and he’s trustworthy in my book

4 Likes

These: Post Your Screenshots!

ohh the trophies, it confused me when you said totems but I get what you ment now

Edit: totem im my head xD also shields are commeing at some point to

Sorry yeah lol. I was just using the terminology from this post. But it is definitely confusing.

I definitely agree. When I asked for a source I was told “a little birdie told me” which kinda irked me and helped with my decision to release this info. I also figured I’d take the risk of misinforming everyone myself to see if a dev would reply. And if it comes out earlier than Sep 11th then that’s earlier than expected and life is good.

2 Likes

People who “talk” to the devs also told us it was going to release weeks ago. This is just speculation.

No Golden Buzzer for this topic.
disqualified.
Not Epic. :+1:

After all this waiting there better be more than just rentals. They even told us that only James and Luca were working on them so the rest of the team has been doing something else.

Of course that could very well be that Square Enix project they were hiring for but I really hope that is not the case.

Let’s face it, we haven’t really gotten a good, nice, content update since Farming July 2019. Lots of QoL updates and smaller stuff since then but that’s it.

I know the devs want to do more, they have all kinds of plans but somehow stuff is going way slower than everyone wants, us and the devs included. Shame since this game has tons of potential, but I do not have the time (as in life expectancy) to wait too long for all this to actually happen.

Apparently things change. I can quote you a part from a PM from James from early May where he told me “weeks, not months”, that’s now over 3 months ago, September means that it will be 4 months since he said that and to be honest at that point the release had already been moved up considerably hence why I then asked again and got this reply.

I have no idea what happened, I do know it’s getting beyond frustrating :frowning:

It’s funny that the idea of rental worlds still coming out is what has me kept going since March 2019 and that now the endless waiting and no communication is probably the thing that will cause me to quit the game…

The silence about this sort of info is crazy and I don’t think it’s a good way of handling things, but we’ve all said that a gazillion times already.

6 Likes

In before the “it’ll come out when it’s ready” crowd gets here.

Yes of course it will, would be foolish to release something that’s not ready! :joy:

I think it might’ve come out earlier if we (me included) hadn’t complained out the block color issue. The fix for that was releasing creative at the same time.

Creative really isn’t a fix for the block color issue imo.

2 Likes

I agree 100%, but some people probably do want a creative mode where they don’t need to worry about waiting for colors

Thanks. I only know of one other person that talks regularly with James. I’m pretty sure that person is exactly like me and would never commit to sharing a final confirmed date like that because “code issues happen.” Also after all my chats, I’ve never seen them “set a date in stone.”

Now, I do agree that an anniversary date like that would be special and they’d try to make it happen for the press and noteriety. But, the quality of the release I’d believe is still more important to them over when it happens.

Considering things haven’t hit yet, it seems they might be trying to fix the Creative portal issues since I PMed (trying to get more technicals to see if the community could give more ideas) and was told that they are still exploring options. So I’m happy they are still working hard to make everyone as happy as they can.

7 Likes

I really hope it’s for the Anniversary. It’s just too good of an opportunity to give people something to celebrate to miss out on (and I get to be all smug because that’s exactly when I said I expected them to release in the poll for guessing release date).

With things as they stand, I’d probably expect the September release date over the August early access launch date too… we’ve still yet to hear about pricing, or anything else more official about when and how the process will work. But still, that’s only 1 month away now. Exciting stuff.

I suppose for me the question is: Was it more frustrating because you were privately told that it was going to be ‘weeks, not months’ and for it to then not happen as expected, compared to simply not knowing in the first place?

Not that I’m saying that they shouldn’t be sharing information, more that if they’re going to do it, it should probably be publicly shared, and have updates when timelines change drastically.

1 Like

That really is way too critical. The technology that has come in over the past year is making it so we can get even more stuff. It is very important to the game. Content isn’t the only important thing in my view.

Sure some of the issues like buffers and all this other junk they had to do because of how people play the game sucks. But, it made a better game in the long run to give all a good experience.

2 Likes

I’m just in a bit of a disappointed mood at the moment, other external things not really helping, still, I wish we would’ve gotten more fun stuffs too in the past year and really hope that if the next release is around the anniversary that it contains more than just rentals…

Yep, lots of time wasted on those things :frowning: Like I’ve said many a time those updates were indeed needed but I feel that all the nice things have been postponed way too often for ‘much needed changes’ in the past year. I know they are doing their best and that they would love to do more and that it’s not possible doesn’t mean I can’t be disappointed by it!

1 Like

Yes perhaps it was, I knew earlier than most people they were coming, I already knew in January actually, but yeah, I’ve waited longer than most people now then too so I do probably feel more frustrated.

Thing is, they could tell us more PERIOD, they don’t, they’ve said plenty times why, I don’t really agree with it but I have to live with it sadly. It means we just don’t hear why things take longer or what the new expected release date is.

Yes, that would be best indeed, I wish they would use that from now on, but…

2 Likes