Getting on the same page about the next release (date inside!)

On point.
Couldnt say it better.

We need actual content that we can play

Cause sovereigns basically are just new planets … so same old circle continues

5 Likes

Understood… I do think all of at some level do get disappointed around “content” and at times the snail’s pace.

I as well do hope that we get a bit more than just sovereigns. Since stuff like totems are assets that others handle, hopefully we will get some of those.

3 Likes

From what I have seen this is one of the major reasons we don’t get specific dates and they are careful around release status. Many people seem to still take vacation or set a lot of expectations around release stuff and seem to be caught out in the rain when something causes the delay. So. better safe than sorry instead of sharing it.

I do at times wish people would allow more flexibility in this area. Maybe because I have the ability to get very forward information I’ve learned to be more lenient or patient. All I know it is has helped enjoy the game more instead of being focused on “what’s next.”

From my view the delay is actually a good thing because that means community feedback and the extensive testing people did was actually taken into consideration. That shows a good teamwork situation between the Devs and the community in this release. This is something we haven’t always seen and I’m glad for this release it happened.

1 Like

I’m a bit concerned about that too, but at the same time I am eager to start a new project on a fresh new world.

4 Likes

I just wish they’d have released sovereigns first before going into testing for creatives :pensive:

5 Likes

The same old thing in a new setting will be refreshing for about a week for me… It’ll get me to buy a few sovereigns but it’s a little frustrating. Lately I just go on a few hunts a week, fuel portals, then go drop-shot some noobs on warzone to vent :pensive:

6 Likes

They’ve said in the past that they could launch separately if needed, so I’d hazard a guess (and it’s only a guess, I get no inside information) that at this point sovereigns are either deliberately being held off for an anniversary update, or the things that are making creative take longer also have a previously unseen impact on sovereign worlds as well, and it would be more of a mess to release sovereigns earlier and fix it with creatives later than to just get it right with both in mind now.

I’ll agree that it’s a shame Sovereigns haven’t been able to be released yet though.

1 Like

With all the interest, they probably decided they needed to create a way to do everything in game instead of doing it through an external source.

1 Like

Yea we have no idea what the UI for purchase or website for the rentals look like or how much they’ve progressed on that front. So it could be sovereigns are ready but they are working on the store side

2 Likes

I assume because “portals” were never solved across the board that is the reason everything is kind of held up. Honestly, I’m not sure minus that at the end of July the “shop” to buy the stuff wasn’t done so that integration could be the delay.

Very true. Specific dates aren’t fun to stick to, not least of which because however infrequent it should be, major unforeseen issues do arise). But Wonderstruck is in a great position (I’m talking about between them and us, not them and any investors because I don’t know enough about what they’ve got going on there to comment).

If they wanted, they could give us a rough roadmap of what’s on the horizon with vague timeframes (Even just “soon”, “next” and “after that”). The best bit is that unlike with traditional client-developer relationship, they’re in a position where they can freely admit they misjudged something because they don’t explicitly ‘owe’ us anything (except for a few backer perks for some people). We’ve bought the game for what it is, and anything added is a bonus. They have the opportunity to turn not just game updates, but revised schedules into a point of user engagement. That’s the kind of communication I think we miss far more than specific dates.

As a side note, I don’t know how far in advance other people are able to book holiday, but excluding exceptional circumstances, I have a 3 month lead time. I’d feel like I was being crazy if I tried to schedule a holiday to match a release date for anything other than a AAA game title. Even then, I’d probably book it for the week after so they’ve got a little leeway and time to fix bugs that come up. Sometimes people make their own lives harder than they need to.

1 Like

looks like OP does too

This is not true for everyone. I still want titans.

8 Likes

Man if only. Sadly I’m just riding @Tahru’s money basically. He’s the one who gets the “1 of” perks even though I don’t think he pays much attention to Boundless anymore.

4 Likes

There are enough EA people playing that I think still see most of the content and stuff coming until “titans” as roadmap stuff that is expected to be released and part of the game. Personally, I threw all that out after a while because now that we are in release I think they have to respond to the market in a different way.

I do agree that more communication would be nice but I still see too many issues and community responses that don’t seem to support them when stuff is shared. That is my personal view and why I think sometimes they hold back especially when things don’t go constructive in the response. This release I think the responses were constructive though compared to some releases in the past.

I’ve been lucky to have more exposure and actually talked specifically on “why communication happens like it does” and after a few times talking about it with them, I do agree with their approach at this point in time. I can’t and won’t give details but just ask that some put themselves in their head and believe that there are valid reasons and it isn’t just “to leave us out of the loop.”

1 Like

I mean I think not having a character permanently in a diaper is something pretty much everyone could get behind. Especially when cloth and hide are items in the game.

They might be in the wrong industry if they’re expecting only constructive feedback to everything :sweat_smile:

It’s just a shame they “can’t and won’t” either. I think if they did it would save a lot of headaches for both them and the broken records like me :joy:

2 Likes

Oh, I’m sure there are valid reasons. It would entirely illogical to progress as it has for no reason at all, and Wonderstruck is not that. It’s just a shame that it can’t be better, or that they feel the most validity comes from a their decision not to.

2 Likes

I think honesty and openness is this situation is better. I have seen other game companies succeed with it just fine. I personally don’t understand why things are always so secretive with Wonderstruck.

5 Likes

But there’s a difference. You still paid for Boundless as it was, with their intention of releasing titans and [insert other features] that were planned but subject to change. It’ll be sad (and maybe even a little shady) if Titans never come, but you have gotten what you paid for.

Paying to receive something in the future is still paying for it. I paid for a game that said it will have titans in it. I have not yet received the titans. I fully expect to receive what I paid for in the future, but I have not yet gotten what I paid for.

2 Likes