Getting on the same page about the next release (date inside!)

I’m not sure the extent of change and technical steps needed to get us out of diapers. I do, though, see why most of the things we have seen move the game farther along that us having pants. Personally, I want “clothes crafting” not “dev made clothes” that we buy with cubits.

I don’t really want to speak for what they expect. I’m not really trying to do that. All I know is that when something is posted (since they read the forums pretty extensively) that constructive and helpful responses that help move the problem toward solutions would be more welcome. I’ve just seen that in my own communications - talks about “problems everywhere” isn’t a great call versus “here is a problem and here are some set ideas to possibly fix it that doesn’t impact 15 other game systems.”

Well I’ve seen direct James posts where they do share some stuff. Many of those have seen to cause headaches. Ultimately, whatever the full reason is, I don’t believe everyone would be happy even if things were different. I’m not arguing that sometimes it sucks for all of us! But they have their own rock and hard place they have to live in… so I do try to empathize for all sides.

1 Like

It’s extremely frustrating often times when the only time devs communicate with us about the game is for discussing bugs or new testing releases.

I really feel like not enough transparency is communicated with the players - having a few bad eggs that say “no I don’t wan’t this because X Y Z” shouldn’t be an excuse for withholding information to 98% of the playerbase

8 Likes

Sometimes people complaining about a feature might make the devs think twice but in the end I do believe they will do what is best for the game at the end of the day if they feel it is right.

Also I don’t see those “no” people being able to stop the devs from communicating. The devs have their views on what communication should be like and execute as such… It’s been proved over years now after continued topics on “we want more information.”

What has?

10chars

1 Like

Yea there’s actually only a handful of people that can. And i think there’s only two or three still around. There was a couple of groups that went in on that package but only 1 person in those groups get the full package

There have been like 100 posts now on “roadmap and more communication” roughly right? The Devs have continued the same “communication” style basically minus a few changes. So they have the style they like and want and continue to execute on it from what I’ve seen here in the forums.

I was never sure who all the players were that bought the package (or were picked if a group did to get the 1 of perks). I am only aware of Xaldafax and myself.

1 Like

If that many posts have been made on the topic, then maybe its because a “roadmap and more commutation” is a good idea.

I’m sure the devs are sick to death of being asked things like “when are titans / hunters / otherstuffmentionedinthepast”. If they made a single fourm post saying “we cant implement this anytime soon because X”, as well as talking about potential future items it would be a simple solution. At this point we don’t even know if such things are scrapped indefinitely or still on the table.

• People are going to criticize them regardless, but again I state this should not be an excuse to withold information
  • People might hold them accountable to these ideas, but more communication explaining why such ideas cant then be implemented would also solve this. Its a non-issue that solves itself!

If someone asks “where is X”, they can be directed to said post - simple. easy. done.

7 Likes

13 Likes

Why is that guy in the background on his phone??? Get back to programming!!! No wonder the Titans are not released yet. :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

8 Likes

There we go, exactly! Thank you!

1 Like

Is that James in the way back with his hands on his head?

3 Likes

Can’t like this post enough. So many issues could be solved if they just came out and said what’s been delayed, what’s no longer in the plan, etc., etc.

3 Likes

I keep seeing this type of statement & I sincerely hope that grown adults aren’t actually afraid to communicate on a forum about their product because someone might disagree with or criticize what they said. They even made a “tell us what you don’t like” thread, so I don’t think that’s the case. (Negative feedback can be constructive sometimes too.)

I’ll assume the reason they are kinda quiet about what’s coming is due to: they’re busy working on things, they don’t want to post info and then have to constantly update it everytime they run into an issue or have to go a different direction, the things they’re working on aren’t things you can stamp an absolute finish date on, maybe they want to surprise everyone, etc. Maybe they underestimated the demand for rentals or the importance of certain features to players…so they decided to spend a little more time to add some things in?

I think the devs have provided us with more info lately, more updates on how things are going, and what’s to come than they have in a year or so. James spelled out what they were still having issues with for rental planets and that things are almost done.

I do wish they would remove all of the outdated things on their website & Steam that pertain to things that “might be/could be” & and things from before Aug 2018 — so people will quit asking for them or expecting them. It’s like showing a loaded 2022 Camry XSE V6 on the front page, but having fine print that says “This is a future model with all options, at a premium price. Actual car available is a base Camry V4 2.4L, with none of the options shown.”
archivethis

5 Likes

Yup, looks like James at the back. I think it’s Fooks looking at his phone. Minyi and Jess in the front. Jim’s chair is back-to-front, so he’s probably the one taking the photo.

2 Likes

Which one is minyi?

Yes, this was a nice thing he did and I would love to see that level of communication continue like it had in years prior. A big :+1: from me!

4 Likes

Kinda have to laugh at that a little. Names said left to right. Plus We know Jess is female :sweat_smile:

If I remember correctly every topic/reply created about sovereign/creative world’s extends the release date of sovereign/creative worlds by an hour. I swear I read that somewhere :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

Hello from the future