Glass recipe

Why is the glass recipe so expensive? The sand required seems fair, but two compact silty soil blocks? That’s 20 pieces of silty soil, not to mention one minute per compact to create it.

My home planet is Solum and from all the exploring I’ve done, it seems the clay soil base is by far the most common, followed by the peaty soil base, and silty bringing up the rear in last place by a good margin.

I just think the recipe requirements are too high for a block that all will want to use in building, not to mention you need 3 pieces to make a beacon as well.

Because of the extremely high silty soil requirement, I haven’t even bothered to use glass other than to make another beacon. This makes me sad because my favorite thing to do is build, but I just can’t be bothered in the current state.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. There’s a lot of balance needed for all the resources and the crafting, we’ll do another pass in the not too distant future. I think making glass cheaper would be a good candidate.

3 Likes

I kind of agree but I don’t mind glass being a rarity either, people use it sparingly, won’t see many glass houses either, will see more interesting crafted designs.

I’d rather the building bricks were cheaper, but tool cost/durability balancing is highest on my list.

3 Likes

I think 1 compact silt and 1 sand in the furnace would be a better balance.

1 Like