Glass table

Trying to do a glass top table for our guild hall. For some reason, I can’t put glass panes flat side down on top of poles, even though I remember being able to at one point. Did this change or is it a bug?

You’d have to move it up to the next block space. The poles you have placed already looks to be occupying the same block height as the glass. But the next space up on the bottom would touch the poles.

Fixed your typo!

And at OP:
What Fire said, it’s a tad annoying since it does not feel natural, but you need to place some temporary blocks one layer higher and the place the glass on to that at the bottom of that one, then you can easily place the rest and remove the temp parts…

It’s a very odd way of having to place them, tho I have no suggestions on how one could do it more intuitively…

2 Likes

This

4 Likes

Well I can lay a gleam sign right on top of the pole, but not a glass pane. And for me, that makes no sense…

1 Like

LOL, yep, I know, it’s confusing as heck, but sign placement is different to glass pane placement!

1 Like

If the glass from the table is a block higher tahn the pole, you have to look at the edge of the glass block to place it.

@majorvex the issue has been fixed, so feel free to close this thread.
Thank you!

Closed at the request of the OP.