Glass vs Panes [Poll]

I’ve been playing with glass a lot lately but I usually stick to panes. What about you?

• Glass Panes
  • Glass Block

0 voters

Also which kind you use more? I prefer plain but some times the other two can achieve nice results.

• Plain
  • Stylish
  • Ornate

0 voters

Feel free to explain your vote!

1 Like

200k+ :rofl::crazy_face::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I made a big plain glass pane ceiling and then found out it lets the snow through. So its got to be the blocks for my ceiling. The ornate glass panes are my favorite, especially for flooring over water. The stylish panes look good as windows. I also like the ornate blocks as interesting dividers in my shop. Basically, for me, it just depends on what you’re using it for.

1 Like

I love the look of panes, but they let the weather in, so that’s a deal breaker for me.

If you put a liquid on top of the panes it stops the weather from passing, not to sure about snow since it don’t snow in my area, but I do know it stops rain.

3 Likes

Well one of my other and more recent issues (a little off topic) is rain falling through chiseled blocks (slope).

Two simple rules for me:

1. Use blocks when chiseling planned.
  2. Use panes when want to use stylish and ornate, to avoid “busy” pattern effect (pattern visible from all directions merging).
3 Likes