Gleam changed colour after it was refined

Once it is in the queue and states a color that is the color it should be

3 Likes

He mentioned once that it could be changed to give you a percentage of each color close the the ratio of what you added. IMO that would be great.

It’s what I was sort of hoping for the first time I threw a batch of mixed colors in to see what would happen. I got cool blue though lol.

2 Likes

Then it would be nice to have a message explaining that too.

1 Like

Once upon a time, in early access, the gleam batch would turn out the colour of whatever gleam block was first, so you could essentially turn 1 gleam into 50 refined. The current system is an improvement, though I do often long for the old days!

8 Likes

Did this when i made my first batch of Oorty dolls :sweat_smile:

1 Like

But then you all would cancel and resubmit the the job until you got the random result you wanted… lets not kid our self people game the system to their advantage and only care about when it doesnt benefit them.

thankfully the devs already realize this.

6 Likes

The problem is, if the game would show the actual output colour you would cancel and retry until you got what you want, what is the point of randomising if that is then gonna happen?

So either they can change it so that the game refuses to do a masscraft if there’s not enough of one colour or they let the dominant colour be the one it becomes. The latter is unlikely to happen since otherwise they wouldn’t have chosen the random thing in the first place.

1 Like

I always assumed it would be the colour of whichever block you used most of… I guess I’ve never really mixed much and when I did I must have just gotten lucky! This time wasn’t so great lol

4 Likes

what aenea said basically. whats to stop you from putting 1 luminous green gleam and 35 white and just keep restarting the craft till it shows luminous green. I think the ratio is just what you put in. If you used the ratio I mentioned you have 1/36 of the end result being luminous green.

1 Like

I had 30 blk and 6 cold teal and got cold berry after tooltip even said BLK so i feel your pain.The tool tip should show correct color is all most of us want I would even accept if tooltip read “random” if putting different colors in, rather then a specific color,then no complaints if i wanna roll the dice.

2 Likes

That’s the thing, I used 27 luminous green and 1 piece of 9 different colours, one of them colours was white, just 1 piece

1 Like

The possible abuse does not justify being so badly explained in the game, to the point of practically cheating every player who has been through it, if they have not had the opportunity to read something about this topic in the forum. Putting a warning sign when you start manufacturing several colors at the same time as when you enter a level planet, as a reminder, I don’t think it costs a lot of programming effort. At least do not scam the player by putting a color in the queue that does not have to correspond to the final result and does not even warn the player. Or that the icons are black and white without color. Something that makes it clear that you have no control over the final color if you mix colors. But that lack of information, accompanied by the erroneous information in the queue, only favors threads like this one of complaints and search of solutions, for feeling cheated.

1 Like

Only reason I never ran into this problem is because my thought processes is I want this color so only use this color. If I use different colors I don’t know what will happen. Tho it would be neat if using more than one color made it a random color in between the colors used.

The fix (IMO) is to evaluate the output colour per output item. You’d then expect an output colour ratio that matches in the input colour ratio.

11 Likes

Would be the fair way to do it.

1 Like

Totally agreed - is this on the pile with auto-queue?

But with it stating I was getting Luminous Green and got white instead kinda feel cheated, it took me a long time to get 27 luminous green and cost me a fair amount of coins for me & to end up with white when I never knew consequences of putting different colours in isn’t really fair. I presumed if it says it’s coming out luminous green that’s what I’d expect it to come out like. A main part of my goo farm is built around luminous green

1 Like

I’m working on reworking the crafting system to avoid this issue.

5 Likes

Could someone layman this for me please? I’m interested in the topic but don’t understand this bit :joy:

Edit: Does this mean if you only have 16 gleam, you can ‘mass craft’ but instead of getting the 36=50, you’d get 16=25?

My understanding of what James said is that for instance if you put in 15 cold tan, 15 dark orange and then 6 silk mint raw gleam (36 in total) as the ingredients of a mass craft, then you’d respectively get the same proportion, percentually, in each of those tints, as refined. In my example, you’d get roughly 42% (21refined) cold tan, 42% (21 refined) dark orange and 16% silk mint (8 refined) refined gleam as the result of the mass craft operation.

Any clearer? :sweat_smile: Edit: Correcting my math, sorry, now I fail at basic ■■■■ apparently. :neutral_face:

1 Like