Gleam changed colour after it was refined

Only reason I never ran into this problem is because my thought processes is I want this color so only use this color. If I use different colors I don’t know what will happen. Tho it would be neat if using more than one color made it a random color in between the colors used.

The fix (IMO) is to evaluate the output colour per output item. You’d then expect an output colour ratio that matches in the input colour ratio.

11 Likes

Would be the fair way to do it.

1 Like

Totally agreed - is this on the pile with auto-queue?

But with it stating I was getting Luminous Green and got white instead kinda feel cheated, it took me a long time to get 27 luminous green and cost me a fair amount of coins for me & to end up with white when I never knew consequences of putting different colours in isn’t really fair. I presumed if it says it’s coming out luminous green that’s what I’d expect it to come out like. A main part of my goo farm is built around luminous green

1 Like

I’m working on reworking the crafting system to avoid this issue.

5 Likes

Could someone layman this for me please? I’m interested in the topic but don’t understand this bit :joy:

Edit: Does this mean if you only have 16 gleam, you can ‘mass craft’ but instead of getting the 36=50, you’d get 16=25?

My understanding of what James said is that for instance if you put in 15 cold tan, 15 dark orange and then 6 silk mint raw gleam (36 in total) as the ingredients of a mass craft, then you’d respectively get the same proportion, percentually, in each of those tints, as refined. In my example, you’d get roughly 42% (21refined) cold tan, 42% (21 refined) dark orange and 16% silk mint (8 refined) refined gleam as the result of the mass craft operation.

Any clearer? :sweat_smile: Edit: Correcting my math, sorry, now I fail at basic ■■■■ apparently. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Ahhh that makes sense! Thanks! :fist: :joy:

1 Like

I understand that but I mean can you change it for me? Over half of my goo farm is out of action because of this :man_facepalming:t3::worried:

I feel for you brother, this has burned many of us. I’m thinking you are hosed, though. @Conkuur I believe had his black lanterns lost this way.

I’ll check my stash for luminous green and see what I can spare to get you back up and running!

2 Likes

I will check my stash as well to see if I have any to give you.

Edit: Sorry, just checked and I do not have any luminous green in my small stash.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m wounded… I chose one particular colour to make sprays for and just made a batch of 700 sprays and thought I’d refine it to give me more gleam and then this happens! I feel like just scrapping my goo farm :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Goo’s a PITA!

2 Likes

Yeah, it sucks. I had it happen a long time ago on something much easier to get again fortunately. So from then on I always make sure I have full amount of whatever color needed for a mass craft before doing it to stop it from biting me. But it is something that should be at least clearer that it “could” happen.

I had a friend in game before (no longer playing) that used to lottery this effect by sticking 1 special color in each mass craft of plain stuff so that he might end up “winning the lottery” by getting a full mass craft from 1 input color loss.

1 Like

I think they need to up the goo pigment drop rate. kernals are easy to farm so like 5 pigments a plant might be a happy medium.

Going to guess that although it’s a known error in the game for the developers - I won’t receive my 27 luminous gleam back :worried:

The only error is nothing stating that you take a chance when you mix items like that. I’m sure it’s in one of the release notes when they made the change to having it the way it is.

It’s known, yes, it’s most certainly NOT an error tho…

Add 35 black, 1 white, do masscraft and you have a 1 in 36 chance of getting all white, you won’t know until it’s done which it will be.

If they would show you the end result it would be canceled and retried until the desired result would show, not what they want to happen hence why they do not show the correct result at all…

A warning would be nice tho, but still.

3 Likes

The error is the outcome block, when it states in the machine it’s coming out as a particular colour and it doesn’t then that’s an error? As James said here…

1 Like