Gleam Club fuel restriction for empty plots

Actually there is no difference in the game mechanic. So things are exactly the same. The “visible result” of the problem is different and I agree with that. But, I am sure you know many of us raised the concerns and were told that there was no problem back then too.

To clarify my points, I did not say it wasn’t a problem and that auto-fueling was a smart choice. I posted back when GC was communicated that the auto-fuel went against almost all community requests. I mentioned the beacon issues from before too. I have it because it is available and makes things easier but I do not agree with it and would be fine if it went away.

What I was trying to communicate in my posts is that people need to learn the nuances and bigger parts of the whole problem. Even if there are more players and we will have more builds left dead we do have many more worlds. All of that in the end doesn’t matter because people will come and go and a person can always build somewhere else and new cities will rise while others will fall or become desert wastelands. The same game play situations are still happening… Just those of us that hate dead places like the old Therka now have it on 10 worlds instead of 1.

All we can do is provide viable solutions to the developers that support all types of game play. Most of the options so far presented are not fair for everyone and only focused on forcing people into 1 direction.

2 Likes

This is what makes no sense to me. If the playerbase decreases, you’re left with a ton of starter planets completely empty.

And while the game mechanic is the same, I don’t think there was 6 months permanent fuel.

Originally if I remember right there was no limit or plots at all.

Over the past year plots / beacons were added and we could make 6 month fuel. Recently the developers moved it down to 4 month fuel max. Then we went into release and GC came around with its options.

So all the negativity directed towards the game came about because of recent decisions…

If plots hadn’t been purchasable, and fuel didn’t last 6 months, and locations could be added beyond 30… and coffers weren’t linked to the cash shop…

Well a lot of the arguments happened but those that said one thing were shut down by the other group that thought nothing was wrong. So the subjects have come up before on all these points.

Of course that dynamic hasn’t changed… we just now have more people on each side and those that didn’t agree have left and/or will leave.

So really nothing has changed except now the game is released and not early access.

2 Likes

If a single beacon plot ruins your road or massive build than take a turn around it? I don’t see how a single plot can ruin anything, especially since you can just build the other way or around it? The complaints here are ridiculous sounding. Just build a little wall around the plot and decorate that way/trap it within if we want to be petty.

Also, good luck having this game survive long term with 30 hardcore players. If you want the game to be around then there will be noobish mistakes. If not, then 30 people aren’t supporting servers and employee salaries anytime soon.

1 Like

Have you TRIED to navigate any of the big cities that weren’t planned beforehand? It’s a complete mess of turns and twists and is infuriatin’ for that EXACT reason.

Your “solution” doesn’t solve the underlyin’ problem.

Sure have and guess what? It’s like a real city with downtown alley ways and small shops. Chicago has some nutty intersections and some well planned sections.

1 Like

I think the real solution here is private planets, that way player who can’t stand the thought of “dealing” with other players “ruining” their experience don’t have to and they can be isolated in their own corner of the universe.

3 Likes

I enjoy the chaos that is disorganized and organic growth, so to each their own as to what is preferable.

EDIT: Disorganized is a bit strong, but I think you get what I mean.

1 Like

The thing is you are describing behaviour as a remedy that we shouldn’t have to take part in. Building walls around plots to trap it? This is purely antisocial. I’d rather have fair in game mechanics in place to deal with these sorts of issues personally, now beacon fuel is fine to a point but if you peruse the various discussions about this we are suggesting other ways to deal with this in synergy or in addition to the fuel system we have now…

1 Like

I don’t disagree and that was a bit of a tongue in cheek idea more than an actual suggestion. My main point was that if a single plot ruins your entire, huge magnificent build than it wasn’t that well thought out beforehand/you can find a different location. The planets are large as heck.

If the plot was put down to troll, then report it to the devs (there’s a thread for that) but if it was put down by someone who may have plans to use it later then nah. And then we’re talking about Gleam Club. If these people stop paying/playing the fuel will run out. If they’re actively playing then I don’t have an issue.

Hehe this forum needs a /satire /sarcasm font or something :smiley:

There has to be some middle ground with this that we can all equally dislike, which is the mark of a good compromise. Sadly I’m not on the dev team.

Man. Am I glad I don’t have this problem. Because my Steam Deluxe Edition doesn’t work!

How’s that for a compromise? :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

1 Like

I didn’t say retroactively lol, I meant they should stop offering it.

So when it comes time to renew someone’s Gleam Club subscription they will not offer the refuel option. I think that means most people will not renew (I won’t and it sounds like Loadkill won’t). That means this income stream is now gone so what do you suggest they offer as a replacement to entice people to join?

If you mean only to new people that want to join then you create people that have auto refuel (current subscribers) and those that do not (new subscribers) so that is another issue with people complaining that someone is getting something more for the same amount of money.

1 Like

We had this in pre-release… That is why I continue to stress to people to go create their own cities. Build it the way you like it and promote it and people will come.

1 Like