Gleam Club, remove portal stack limits

I like the game but I feel the stuff I get with it is not worth me spending a couple dollars, Beacons are easy enough to fuel, I like how my character looks so I don’t need to have the tint changing, and the chat colour and emojis are just small features which I don’t need

I will happily spend money on cubits to get more plots for my building but other then that there is no point with me buying gleam club

1 Like

But then again, you’re against adding things that could go to improving tedious aspects while also increasing the chances of people supporting the game? All while doing nothing but allowing people to not have to constantly go back and forth to portals and add items you already own too them?

I am not against adding things that make things less tedious, but locking it behind paying for gleam club is not the right way of doing that.

I am alright with increasing the amount of fuel you can add in a portal, but linking it to gleam club is not good and it will most likely result in some more arguing about pay to win

and people shouldn’t be “supporting the game” just to make the game slightly easier

So you don’t want gleam club because it isn’t worth it but you don’t want to make it slightly better?

???

5 Likes

Trying to understand why you see having gleam club would fit into pay to win.

My having a membership in gleam club doesn’t give me any inside advantage over others, it just keeps me from having to run to several planets to add fuel to my beacons. My son and I have outposts on several planets. Just two or three plots, a building that has a beacon, storage containers, crafting table and barely enough room to swing a cat, as the saying goes.
How does that help me win the game?
No one has to pay for fuel, so how can that help me win? It doesn’t cost money to travel to planets to add fuel to beacons, so that doesn’t cost me any money.

The only thing it does is give some money to the devs and save me the hassle to run to all the outposts I have. I wasn’t able to run to all the planets when it was time to refuel the beacons and lost a couple of outposts and what was in storage in them when I couldn’t get to them in time.
I lost out from all my stuff being destroyed or taken by others, so for me, it is a great thing. My membership to the Gleam club does not give me any coins to spend nor do the locations of my outposts gave me or will give me footfall as they are way out in the boonies, no where close to a portal even. We don’t even have portals in them.
So, how is that a pay 2 win? I pay them a $5 a month fee to be free from having to run around refueling all those beacons. It does not let me win anything that others can’t have, doesn’t give me a edge over others.

So, can you clarify as to why having Gleam Club is a play 2 win aspect in the game?

1 Like

I think the stacks idea is a good one… there should be some advantages to being a Gleam Club member…small things like that helps.

Its a pay to win, so i am not support this idea.
Release the Compact oortshard will be easier solution.

3 Likes

I’m confused, can you explain to me how allowing a portal to be fueled for longer allows you to “win at boundless”?
How does one even “Win at boundless”?

1 Like

You know how annoying to fuel portals daily ?
Its not like beacon the shortest time is 3 weeks / fuel.

For portals, the shortest time is below 3 days depends on portal size.
If you allow gleam club members have this feature basically you are asking people who host large portal to buy Gleam club otherwise they have to suffer. Sounds fair ? I don’t think so lol .

How does one win at boundless ? You can define this in every single MMORPG lol
You get a best gear means you win at other games ? No, its not. But with that best gears you farm easier.
So “win” = “advantage” . In Boundless you have such over power advantage, its a win lol

Why don’t you suggest “Gleam Club” Members auto fuel portals like Beacon ? :joy:
Consider there is no win to the game lol

Trust me when I say, as someone who helps manage a portal network, i do know how annoying it can be.

You say that as if portal networks are a common thing everybody sets up, when in reality hardly anyone does it. I think it is fair - they pay the money, they deserve small boons that, in all actuality, hardly have any effect on 95% of the game population, but would still help.

With all due respect, i humbly disagree. There is no “winning” in boundless, saying “pay to win” in a game whos only ultimate objective is to build the biggest place doesn’t really make sense in the slightest.

Good idea, that could also be another gleam club feature, and a worthwhile one imo.

This. Just give us compact oort and the problem is solved. :smile:

4 Likes

above all else, i agree, compact oortshard would solve the problem and keep everyone happy.

4 Likes

Well, i didn’t expect you think this is going to work out lol.

How about this ?
A gleam club members gain following buff:

• Flying ability
  • +1000 Armor and HP
  • +10 extra slot for Forge machines
  • Portal Auto Fuel
  • Beacon Auto Fuel
  • Unlimited Skill Reset
  • mass craft + 200 Bonus final products

Still not Pay to Win in Boundless ?

You know pay 2 win doesn’t mean when you pay you 100% will win correct ?
Its more like you pay the money you get easier to reach the “win” point in the game.
For other games, you pay the money you get easier to craft or enhance the gears to best level.
It’s not like you pay the money you get the best gears to use forever.

In boundless when you pay you gain ability more than others, its a pay 2 win lol.

At that point, i suppose that could be called pay to win yeh :joy:

How ? there is no win in boundless as you mention correct ?
+100 extra feature or +10 extra feature should be same as your theory.
Because there is no win in boundless.

hmmm, yeh locking this behind a pay wall will probably not go down well, but increasing the cap would be nice, maybe through the skill tree =)

Was mostly just trying to agree to disagree.

I still think that in order to have pay to win, a win condition needs to be defined, otherwise it becomes pay to advance, which isn’t nearly as bad.

Pay to win means paying for something that you cant buy otherwise, that helps you win at the game. Since there is no clearly defined win condition, there is no pay to win, simple as that.

Again, just my opinion.

The whole “Cant afford to buy GC” is kind of nonsense. Its $15 for 3 months. Thats less then a mean for 2 at any restaurant. Its a server game. You pay to help support the game. Its aggravating that the people that dont think they need to pay get on here and yell the p2w junk. This isnt PvP. You technically cant “win” this game its a sandbox.
You pay monthly for a few quality of life changes. Higher portal que is a nice QoL update.
STOP THE P2W MESS! what exactly are we winning?
Let there be a few more things to do.

And if you cant afford $15 for 3 months sub. Then how are you even on the interenet?

5 Likes

Lol no one is asking to removing gleam club here man.
I am simply saying that adding more and more feature to gleam club is not a wise choice.

Oh you mean, you have to support the game if they change gleam club to allow members have unlimited shards slot ?
Lol. I support the game even with current gleam club setup.
You just feel gleam club not worth with current price and want to add more features to it or what lol.

I vote they remove it, and force people to pay a monthly server charge. See how long it takes wade to come up with it lol.