Gleam Club+

P2W P2W P2W

The horizon is probably going to build a lag machine in boundless after this is added (how would that work?)

This wouldn’t cause any more lag, as there are already systems in place on both ps4/5 and pc. The lag is only really concerning viewable portals (how many show you the other side in real time). This can already be set to 1, so no further system stress there…

So far as p2w, I respect your opinion, but feel it would certainly allow people to take IRL breaks w/o the stress that all their portals are going down. Ty for your input here, said earlier I wanted to hear from all sides :+1:

1 Like

I do not believe adding portals to gc is a good idea. But i do post my personally accceptable solution if its a must.

One 1x2 portal connection from and to the same planet per account. Nothing more and a price increase.

2 Likes

I’m assuming there’s some performance reason (beyond just client-side rendering) for not having unlimited portals, though I wish the cost wasn’t so bonkers to say, go between sovereigns orbiting the same public world.

Price increase? Why?

More ot a longer-lasting fuel alternative is my fave idea for a solution, though I’m sure I’ll get sticker shock over the implementation; I’m too stingy with my non-Tigg’s Tunnels portals. Holy tamales though longer fuel for the Biitula ↔ Circ portal would be sweeeet. :smiley:

I dig this idea too–per player being able to craft one portal that can be pitched wherever you need it for whatever project you’re working on, not a ginormous leaper of a portal but something more portable tht lets you get around. I’m not fully imagining how it would work but it definitely calls to some felt needs of mine because I’m all yeah THIS!

i’m thinking either a special token used in regular cunduits, or a pair of physical objects that will be placed in the world

• both options craftable at workbench, mid- to end-game cost, reusable, only one token / pair can be owned by a character, can be re-crafted if lost, but that will delete the old one

That’s already available - on the PTR.

2 Likes

What is PTR?

I’m guessing “Public Test Realm” AKA the testing branch

2 Likes

dead places with gleam club beacons is 1 but having added dead portals going to dead places is even worse on top of it for now I know an open portal =at least some activity. other than that the dislike of most players and seeing this as P2W is higher then.

also, let us take ps4 players for example.

to play boundless you need ps+
you will need the game and it hardly gets discounts compared to PC
you will then need gleam club and even like you mentioned $ on top
also a bit unfair to the non-payers.

just for a ps4 player, the costs are already way higher.

I’m not saying I’m against it fully like I said before if it helps the community in full I’m open to changes, but it has to been carefully thought about!

also, would this have a huge impact on the Oort, making it near useless for portals.

just a few examples :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Because it already has enough value as is for many people and adding a feature like this imo would justify it.

Adding feature after feature to gc without one day increasing the price even by a little does not make sense to me.

Wouldn’t that, by the same logic, require them to increase the price of the game because they’ve add feature after feature to the game since launch?

Not the same thing. one can take any logic and apply it to another situation and say look, your logic is crazy, not all logic is for all situations. Besides im not asking for a 50 dollar increase, just a few bucks if portals are added.

I ernestly believe portals should be kept seperate from gc. Whenever the update arrives we will have compact oort for fuel. That fixes 1x2 portal fuel. 900 compact oort blocks can fuel a 1x2 portal of 1 blink for 10 years and 9 compact oort blocks equal the current max time of same portal.

If a free portal in some compacity is added to gc it looks like that would only happen after this update…

I would however like to see other things added to gleam club in general to spice it up. The last addition of dances felt appropriate.

I have to agree with you on cost, as I am also a ps4 player. Did some quick math to figure out montly cost:

PS+: $60/12=$5
Client: $40/48 (4 yrs of use)=$0.83
GC: $25/6=$4.16
Total: $9.99 per month.

From here on, that value is subjective per the user. I find that to be an incredibly good value for the amount of time I get out of it, but others may disagree…

I’d still be cool tacking on another couple bucks for some added (but agreeably NOT p2w) features, like limited portal maintenance :thinking:

2 Likes

Considering the state of the game and slow addition of new content. I wouldn’t be opposed to a higher priced gleam club. Sometimes I wonder if the pricing structure/shop in boundless is too fair.

Include all the base gleam club benefits
add 5% plot addition to purchases
add small bonuses to xp/drop gain
add 5% cubit gain per purchase.

No matter what, despite the lack of content for PvE variety and nothing new to mining besides the elusive lucent gems. I just seem to always come back! Why? Minecraft does not have classes, it doesn’t have skills, guild buffs, and this community!

While many may not agree with this…or others would get up n arms over this. It seems that boundless might need extra help to keep going. If this wasn’t the case, they why would the studio be focusing on an outside project?

In all fairness having to pay to join a guild, isn’t that not pay 2 win?

Considering the state of the game and slow addition of new content. I wouldn’t be opposed to a higher priced gleam club. Sometimes I wonder if the pricing structure/shop in boundless is too fair.

Include all the base gleam club benefits
add 5% plot addition to purchases
add small bonuses to xp/drop gain
add 5% cubit gain per purchase.

No matter what, despite the lack of content for PvE variety and nothing new to mining besides the elusive lucent gems. I just seem to always come back! Why? Minecraft does not have classes, it doesn’t have skills, guild buffs, and this community!

While many may not agree with this…or others would get up n arms over this. It seems that boundless might need extra help to keep going. If this wasn’t the case, they why would the studio be focusing on an outside project?

Unfortunately I think the price would need to be a huge hike to make a difference in real financial terms based on current player base as well as putting a LOT of newer players off with a two tier/pay to win vibe

I had a similar idea about 2 weeks ago…

Bleh … I think having any sort of pay tiers is silly. I like Gleam Club how it is personally.