Gleam colour rarity

So I know that there are colours of gleam that are sought after right now (black, red, some others). Just wondering if they are rarer or just personal preference. I know they’re gleambow colours. I guess I just was curious as to whether some are rarer than others.

I saw somewhere that Luminous Yellow was rare?

Took me a while to get to the point. Sorry about that haha.

I think luminous yellow is at the farthest end of the CIE space and the most rare, next to black.

Red because of things/incidents/plotting during EA and we haven’t had a planet spawn yet with that pure color.

Black because some think it’s the best for making windows, signs, etc (me incl. lol).

We haven’t had any planets or Exos spawn with these colors of gleam.

2 Likes

Thanks for that :blush: That’s all kinda what I thought.

1 Like

Just trying to figure out how much to sell all this fun coloured gleam for :grin::grin:

I wouldn’t sell any of it until after the Gleambow event. :wink:
Supply of the most-desired colors will be exhausted quickly, and the rest will be worth a ton of coin.
Mutated sacs will probably be worth a ton after the event too.

2 Likes

I’ve just used all my sacs on the oorties - they’re selling like hot pancakes right now :grin::grin: esp the black and shadow cerulean ones!

Thinking of opening a gleam shop in a month or so in a mall somewhere, when people are crying in desperation for some gleam :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think people are getting more gleam from this particular round so it may take longer for supplies to run low, but to give you an idea…before this event, certain colors were being sold for 20k-40k coins each.

1 Like

So keep my Luminous Yellow locked away for a few months? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Luminous yellow, luminous green, luminous turq, shadow blues…

3 Likes

Oh. That is exactly what I needed to hear haha :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Luminous Green is an exo gleam, not worth gleambow gleam coin.

Previous events didn’t see mass level 6 meteors spawning 24/7, I would be very surprised if gleam goes for those prices you mentioned in the near future. There is massive amounts of gleambow gleam now, a few sought after colours (Black, Luminous Yellow, Shadow Cerulean) will fetch top coin until they appear on an exo.

4 Likes

Yup. Lumi green was one of the 20k+ colors before that.
Black gleam never fetches as much as lumi or shadow blues though. People always want it for builds, so the demand is fairly steady.

2 Likes

Indeed, but Black Gleam was previously the most common gleambow colour that was collected in previous events. Now that black gleam isn’t present in most meteors, I would guess that its price will be more in line with the most in demand gleambow colours.

True. I think the devs said this was an error and they’d fix it. I dunno if it was fixed, or if there’s not enough time left.

Its 100% fixed. Used to be present in all, now its not. Its now one of the rarer colors to appear. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, the error was that black gleam was present in most meteors. It is working correctly now giving us a splattering of other colours.

1 Like

I remember this too - it was in all of them in the past.

@Spoodle the other thing that will make some gleam colors more valuable than others is how desirable they are to goo farmers & collectors.

1 Like

Just gonna hold off and keep an eye on what people are asking for over the next month or so :grin:

1 Like

If you have 2 refined luminous slate, i would be happy to have it!

1 Like

Black is probably the colour I have most of :woman_shrugging:

1 Like