Gleambow is turning me off of boundless

I lost at least 10 meteors due technical issues but still got some goodies, will try what others have suggested about Chunk limit and steam and see if that improves the damn thing

Well if u have no luck I can donate some loot to you later on…don’t want anyone missing out

Ye i just did a test run, with no brews, no food (buff), and long range grapple, well ye it needs a bit more time, around 20sec or so myb 30 (for lvl 30 player (with dex on max everything else doesnt matter) but i think a 45sec would be perfect for it to be forgiving even with some mistakes

EDIT: + 45sec on current time

1 Like

I won’t be on gleambow till I get home Monday, but the OP describes why I didn’t bother with gleambow in the spring at all. Hope the timer gets adjusted. And I agree it’s not a noob friendly event.

5 Likes

It sounds like I won’t be missing anything for the day or two I’m bed-bound from general stress burnout.

Its just like the resin/petro rush I guess.

3 Likes

For those looking for the mods:

I searched all over for this until today. I find it doesn’t help a whole lot, other than to find the remnants, which is good for normal meteors.
I have a max level character, but I can’t reach a meteor in 1 minute.
1 fell in front of me, but someone demolished it before I could get out of the water.
Another I reached with10 seconds left, so lost that, too.
(I am not going to go pay for a forged totem. I tried forging them, but the forge is a pain in the oort. More power to those who succeeded.)

Yes i notice that it’s not very helpful with the live gleambow cores. I did get the trails showing nicely but they vanished when it lands.

Also as soon as the gleambow gets completed or dormant the farsight does help like a normal meteor.

At least i broke my no-spawn streak I’ve had a few races now. Twice across water though

So far I got a level 2 sponge, a level 1 sponge, and a level 1 gleam at last!

Persistence …

3 Likes

I do like Gleambow, and the fact that you can get super rare colors and glass now, but it does need to be tweaked.

I am using mega fast brews, full agility, full grapple skills, + energy regen, + a good grapple with range. Sometimes I can’t get to the meteor in time. I have even failed at getting to the meteor on flat land. I have done this event on 4-5 different planets today, of varying tiers.

Sometimes it does get frustrating that no matter how fast I run, or how great I spiderman trees and mountains, that I can’t reach the meteor in time, and that I might die trying to get there too quickly, and lose it.

If I get frustrated sometimes with everything I have, and know…it must be very frustrating for new/inexperienced players…

5 Likes

A solidifer should help for longer distance across water :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I still haven’t gotten a single popup, though I’ve started hitting some spawns.

I’ve tred for a while with the button saying “show tip on HUD” and for a while with “hide tip on hud” and neither one seems to cause the popup.

Is this one where the message is backwards describing the action the button will take instead of the condition it’s in?

Do I have to be the one who triggered the spawn even if it’s close to me?

I’m on pc and can’t even see the meteors half the time but others can.

P.s I can hear them not see them

@GrayFrequency yup not as good as the last one earlier this year. I have got nothing yet gave up in the end and logged out of the game!!

I remember the last one, and I was even a little frustrated with it then, since the timers were about the same.

Wow, I hope that when you go hunt for some Gleambow meteors again you get something…
It might help if they increased timers, and decreased gleambow meteor landing spot distance.

Something needs to be done there were 3 of us in a group and not even 1 got anything and they faster than me so disappointing :disappointed:

6 Likes

This is actually same thing as it was last year.

Some like blue some green.

Obviously if it is performance issue… i get it.

Then again… you can still do anything else you would normally.
I get you wanna participate but just saying .

4 Likes

For console players having issues… Are you on wifi? if so and if possible try to hardwire the console. Ive had issues with this in some other ps4 games and when I plugged the network cable issues were gone and I could play without any issues… I’m on PC for boundless so I cannot test this method… hope this helps my fellow Oortians get some of the gleambow goodies :slight_smile:

Yeah this event is simply much more challenging than most things in boundless.

There’s definitely a luck element involved and people land on both sides of that, so there’s good streaks and bad streaks, IMO. The randomness helps keep it mixed. I finally started getting some spawns then got mostly sponge and foliage meteors lol.

When the game is glitching out though it’s the worst.

No worries. Im on sponge and mould train myself too :smiley: .

1 Like

For any device that can be contacted via cable there should be an improvement in connection.
I connect my PC via cable all the time, using WiFi is not as effective

1 Like

I love the concept of this event but it totally punishes PS4 users. Imma just take a break.

1 Like

I have not been able to get oort since this event started im not happy all day i only got 2 oort stone