Gleambow Racing or Sac farming

Yeah you could even look around the meteor and see which spot has better color lol.

I actually like to wait a bit so I can find the best spot to start smashing.

1 Like

IMO, personally, I think if you are solo hunting and you happen across a big gleam ball from a group hunt, its fair to smash it. Especially if you beat them there. This is a race, after all, and we can’t expect all players to be aware of all the group hunts that are happening. Sucks for the group, but I don’t think solo players should be expected to pass up on lucky opportunities (especially since many of them probably just don’t realize that there is more to the “lucky” high-level meteor spawn than just luck).

But if you start following the group around or otherwise purposefully continuously take advantage of their spawns while hampering their progress… I think it would be fair for people to be upset, but also don’t know what could be done about it. This is a race

You win some, you lose most. Get excited when you win and increase your determination to succeed when you lose :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sounds good, I’ll try this approach. If it angers people I’ll try waiting longer.

1 Like

I wouldn’t follow them around. I dont want to be mean.

I want to be respectful while also trying for that gleam

3 Likes

I think my issue with this is the assumption that you HAVE to wait for them.

If they even said wait! Or anything I wouldn’t carry on. But nope just abuse and rants because you didn’t know that the race has been sanitised into a cupcakes for everyone party

3 Likes

It will surely anger people :sweat_smile: I’m not saying intentionally take advantage of a group, obvi. But don’t punish yourself for running into a hunt that you didn’t know was happening. That’s my perspective, anyway. I’ve been on group hunts and seen the big ■■■■■ disappear before I get to them. But I lost the race! Fair is fair.

I’ve had some people send some angry chats when I smash small level 1 or 2 gleam ■■■■■ in front of them. But especially if I got there first, I have nothing to apologize for. You win the race you take the spoils!

3 Likes

More than race, it is Boundless Black Friday :smiley:

5 Likes

Lol gleamballs got censored. Sorry y’all

3 Likes

Yeah, the negative stuff is what gets me down so I just try to avoid it.

It’s hard because it’s supposed to be pvp but not everyone is a good sport. Just dont want to ruin anyone’s play.

3 Likes

Yeah I get that, the angry chat messages get to me and leave me with a negative vibe for a while also. I’m sorry you have to deal with that. I do my best to just ignore the chat window while I’m solo hunting for that reason.

2 Likes

Just play the way suits you best!

Even if it’s a race you are not forced to break the meteor as fast as you can if you feel like you can wait a couple seconds the do it! I don’t see anything wrong with that.

2 Likes

Will do my best to balance the time and give it a try

1 Like

Well I guess I’m different from others because if I get there second I never take the whole gleambow for myself, gleam or not.

Just to clarify when I say gleambow I mean a meteor in general not a meteor that’s all gleam. Gleam ones those I smash

1 Like

The great thing about the Devs in this game is that if the sac farming gets way too out of hand and goes in a direction they feel is causing an excessive amount of sacs we will get a nerf in the next event or limited mobs or something.

I commend you for just playing the event like you see fit and doing Gleambow like it was meant - a race.

1 Like

If gleambow was simply meant to be a race then why add the sacs in the first place and why make augments where you can spawn some for just yourself? Also why would they allow you to spawn some after the event also? It be absolutely foolish if the devs didn’t think people wouldn’t farm the max amount of sacks possible considering there is new buffs, ortie, trophy and augments.

2 Likes

This is also my approach. I would appreciate the same courtesy but I won’t demand it. I certainly won’t berate or abuse someone over it. If the same player does it consecutively, I’ll chat with them or change planets.

If I get there first all bets are off unless I’m hooked up with a group. If I’m roaming alone and a level 3 or 4 gleam one drops, it’s mine and I’d expect nothing less from my competitors.

4 Likes

and if its an augment spawn they used?

1 Like

AFAIK it’s impossible to know what was spawned with an augment until you start killing gleamtrunks. Especially during this event, if you pop an augment (especially on one of the four regular planets), you have to deal with the possibility that someone else may beat you to it. But I’m sorry if you feel differently!

1 Like

My only issue with other players completing non-gleam meteorites around me is that it completes it for me too, and I’m purposefully trying to lose non-gleam because my timers are around 30 seconds, so it is a HUGE pain to even get to the meteorites in the first place, just for someone else to run up in the last few seconds and complete it.

1 Like

I sympathize with the timer struggles, it can be a rough go sometimes. Somehow mine went up to about 1:20 today for a bit, which was really weird. They were soon after back to 30sec, though. Personally, I’m completing all of them because it’s worth the Oort but I farm sacs until the last second, too and I miss some.