Gleambow Racing or Sac farming

Hey y’all :slight_smile: I hope everyone is having fun with this event I know I am! However there seems to be a bit of in game shaming in the world chat I’ve noticed lately. I know most of the people on here are farming those sacs, It seems like a pretty good idea but most of the time when I finally get to a meteor I only have a few seconds before it will disappear and go dormant even if the timer Says otherwise. We’ve basically been grabbing the meteors right away Because of this and also because it’s fun to run around and grab as many as we can this is my first gleambow. Not everyone wants to play this game a certain way… There might be reasons why people are playing this game a certain way. Please be respectful and remember it’s just a game and be kind in world chat. Thanks I love this game and I love this community :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Keep on doing your thing. Don’t let some negative people get you down. Besides, those who are hunting the sacs know what they’re getting into, it is designed to be a race after all.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words :slight_smile: a prime example right here of how much this community rocks!

1 Like

Yeah I’m the same, if I see another meteor spawn as ones falling I break till complete then off to the next, I dont even notice the chat as I’m too busy zooming about lol. If theres a group, more than 3 people I try and see what they’re up2 first but if its gleam/glass…then I apologise but that’s getting smashed

1 Like

It’s a race and whatever happens around meteorites, happens.
If I looked into whatever other players mean to do with the meteor I get to first or around the same time, I wouldn’t get half of the blocks I have now.
Sac farmers must play the same game as block farmers - run for it and hope for the best for yourself. Let others do their thing and don’t get angry with them.

I always find a moment to wave at players I meet around meteors but I don’t engage in conversation and don’t pay attention to chat, so even if there is some venting targeted at me I don’t see it and if I saw it I wouldn’t react to it.

Simplest rule is that as long as you don’t break any rules and remain understanding and respectful towards others, you are good to go. Others having problem with you for no reason is their problem, not yours.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, I do try to avoid paying attention to the world chat but I have received some PMs as well that were quite unacceptable and a little bit hard to ignore

1 Like

if the private messages you received are in any way aggressive or insulting, you should report them (send a message to @james , quoting the pms you received);
avoid naming the players that sent them to you in forums - keep entire reporting details between you and devs

3 Likes

Game etiquette is important and it seems to be missing at times. I’ve had more than a few occasions where the timer is high and while I’m gong for sacs someone comes along and takes the whole gleambow leaving me nothing.

3 Likes

Get the gleam first then sacs second. Problem solved.

2 Likes

Multiple different people see the meteor at the same time. We are all running for that meteor just because someone gets there first and decides they would prefer to farm sacks doesn’t it mean the other players don’t have proper etiquette If that’s not their choice. It is a race after all.

I think Gleambow meteorite hunting is now better than before because there is slight risk that someone will be after blocks. Some sort of player competition that is good for game and this is good one :smiley:

1 Like

This but only in groups, I find very trollish to join a group hunt that is going for sacs just to take advantage and break the blocks first. If you are going to join a group you should respect the group rules.

Going solo it’s pretty much pvp you may find others who also wait til the last moment to break it and you find those who break all the blocks instantly :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

What if a solo person sees a massive gleam ball? What should the solo person do?

Pvp race and smash the group?
Or turn away?

I turn away and go my way, but cry inside because I really want that gleam.

4 Likes

Indeed. I’m after the gleam. I see it and I’m taking it. I don’t know if one, all or none of the other people want it too.

You can’t share it and winner takes all, so I’m not hanging around on the off chance the people who are running to it don’t want it.

Why don’t the people running for the sacs maybe make their intentions known by shouting, or putting a message in one of the chat channels

2 Likes

I’d trade sacs for gleam if they want. :frowning: I just wants to smash that gleam. I have struggled hard with not smashing lvl6 gleams

1 Like

I would wait there and see what the group does If you see that the timer is low and no one seems to be close enough just go at it :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

What if they get mad?

Group or not if I see a meteor, get there and its gleam…they better be fast

2 Likes

Some groups have a free for all rule for gleam and glass.

But my opinion about etiquette is more about knowing the group is going for sacs and joining them to take advantage of the group.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t join the group, dont want to make their hunting hard. But if I happen across a massive fireball in the sky and it turns into gleam I suppose I can just stand there and wait until it get to about 20 to 15 seconds before chopping. As it takes time to gather that much before it completes. Is this enough time?

4 Likes