Gleambow Racing Returns! Commencing 21st May

Maybe long as Heal over time brews.

Should hopefully make it easier to finish some of the Oortmas Oorty collections!

6 Likes

Oh wow!! :heart_eyes: I can see why this is a dev favorite!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Going to be some strategic choices now when racing and exo exploring between the pop and the jelly! Both huge advantages… will depend on the region. Biitula - Pops for sure, good bit of water but not many hills. But then you’ve got Xa Frant with both lots of water and steep hills… :thinking:

Of course, the other question in play here is: That these are crafted from special drops from this event was confirmed on Twitter, but the effects will still work after the event if you still have them. So, do I use them while racing, or hoard as many as possible for future use on exos? Guess it will come down to, seeing how many Gleambows I can get without their use… if I can race ok without, think I’ll be saving them. :wink:

3 Likes

pfff devs already fun having gleambow event activated… while we sit and wait for an other day :pouting_man:

It’s gotta be tested :woman_shrugging: :smile:

2 Likes

Forget the meteorites, you should have led with this! That is awesome! Please tell me it’s going to be around after the event too.

Looks like the trails last… that will be handy for hunts and exo exploring! :slight_smile:

Can the pretty trails be seen from other planets/Sanctum, if made wide enough? :grin: If so, I’m totally going to be drawing and writing stuff out on oceans at some point. :laughing:

1 Like

i volunteer for this …

6 Likes

Are all colors of ice included or just a selection?

But did I miss the obvious question and answer : how do we craft these things?
I would expect them to require a special component only found during gleambow events.

1 Like

I am curious to that answer as well.

Are there brews/foods perm or are they only during gleambow?

2 Likes

From this, sounds like they’ll work any time… but have to have the ingredient from the event drop to make them -

This brings up some decisions to make, haha - these foods will be very useful for exo exploring and other stuff. Providing I can Gleambow race ok without them, thinking I’ll be hoarding all I can get and buy for later use. :wink:

2 Likes

This is very exciting!

Limited Time Foods/brews are fun to make…and for someone (not a color block gatherer) gives me something to gather during the event! Exciting.

2 Likes

Yep, I was thinking it is extra incentive to participate - even those not interested in the blocks could stand to make a lot of coin off selling the ingredient drop. :slight_smile: Question now - do you have to complete the meteor for a chance at it? If dormants can drop it that would be a nice consolation prize! :smiley:

Edit: Per other dev thread - at least one of the new drop items is “Mutated Gleambow Sac”

1 Like

Oh i’m just going to hoard everything like i do and never use it, all i will do is make those gleampops to get my ice colours :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s a large selection but not all the colours :slight_smile:

3 Likes

One of the devs have watched too much Frozen

Also @Leahlemoncakes dpes the planet you are in effect on gleambow"trail"

How many ingredients do i need for each consumable if i plan to have it last me a year until the next gleambow with moderate use and taking into account my playing time

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n

7 Likes

You can use the consumables on any planet, they just give you an advantage for catching Gleambows/ meteorites :smile:

2 Likes

Is anyone else on PS4 not seeing the custom headgear in the exchange? Is it supposed to be showing up or does it not show up until the actual day of?