Gleambow Timers

I’m getting timers around 4-5 minutes. Why are people saying 2 minutes? Note that I haven’t done an event since 2 days ago so maybe something changed?

The timers vary based on how active the planet is. The more meteors that are spawning the shorter their timers become.

I’ve kind of had the opposite effect personally. As much as I prefer running out with a group of buddies, I get sloppier trying to race them.

Then I’ll be out there solo swinging along as gracefully as a gibbon like… I wish someone could see this :joy:

For me, I feel around 3min is a good amount of time, Yes I am able to reach timers that are quite a bit lower, but I take no joy in doing so, and the amount of extra effort and stress to try to reach a one that haves a timer of 1min or less is not worth it for me.

As far as I know, there is very little counterplay to having to deal with bodies of water and when you have to go across a large one which seems to be alot more common then I thought it would be. for a timer that is below 1min and 30sec, that is noramlly a fail, and if it isn’t a fail, any single mistake will make it a fail.

For me personally it can often times be extra effort for little gain as I am really only after gleam, any other material I do not really care about. so when timers are very short, I am often putting in effort for something I do not even want. Sometimes there may or may not be a tiny amount black gleam hidden in the materials i do not want, which can sometimes offset that by a little bit.

The 3min timer made the event a no stress event for the 1st time, was enjoyable to do, and did not make me feel like I was going to turn white in rage the moment someone else showed up and want to kill everyone in sight

I tend to play Boundless for a more relaxed gaming experience, and for an event that is only active for about 2 weeks out of a whole year. I do not really see why it also needs to be an high pressure event.

Again, the bottom line is, I can do short timers, with an „ok“ success rate, however I do not like doing short timers, and the stress I get from a very hard game in LoL is more enjoyable to me then the gleam bow race is for me at this time and is no longer worth my effort at this time.

3 Likes

im ok with 2 minuts but only if its hit the ground then the timer start but not when its hit the ground remains only 30-45 sec

1 Like

That was a bug

like this one? lol

Luckily it landed right in front of me but still its a pain if you have 5-6 hills and water (pending on planet) in your way.

2 Likes

yeap something like this but it land far from me :slight_smile:

Some planets are hard to navigate. If gleam bows happen enough then I am ok with short timers but still think they might need a few more seconds to them. This event is the only way to get a lot of colors so we should be “nicer” and more giving not making it something to fight tooth and nail for.

3 Likes

oh I know what you mean @archsorin I had a bunch of them yesturday that were too far with actually lower times… 18s-24s.

2 Likes

yeah so you basically have to get there at the same time as the meteor…

Yeah,
i know that it was a bug becouse had longer time on some meteor,
but sometimes bugs in game are better then the concept of idea :slight_smile:

IF you can get there as its hitting the ground… Sometimes you can’t make it

1 Like

Dante I have another 40k bars for u, the first 14,400 are in the same spot as before

Fante not dante

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again :speaking_head: events like this should be doable for everyone. Not just vets. I’m getting to meteors with like 2 seconds left and only win because i have 3x3 totems.

Baby yoda has requested you put the timers back please.

9 Likes

I just wish this event was over with so i can go back to normal meteor hunting.

1 Like

I’ve seen a lot of regular meteors falling right next to the Gleambow ones…even got one or two on vid 🙅

3 Likes

I wish it was over so i can go back to building lol. I can only gleambow during gleambow

3 Likes

I’ve been on besevrona and one landed in front of me I was swimming, got to the shore 9 seconds left. It is also hard to see the tails of them once they land, I end up not being able to locate where they are. I wish the timers were longer on besevrona.

1 Like