Gleambow Timers

• I like the timers above 2 minutes.
  • I like the timers below 2 minutes.
  • Gleambow, meh.
  • I really like Gleambow, but Iā€™m hardly reaching/completing any.
  • Tacos.

0 voters

Iā€™m chasing gleambows on t6 planets, if I donā€™t get stuck in a tree, I usually catch them with some seconds to spare and a 1:30 - 2 min time limit is enough to keep it interesting. but I think that the lower tier worlds should have more time

2 Likes

Timers shold not go below 1 minute. I think thats the sweet spot at hardest meteors. Anything below that Its hard even for veteran players.

2 Likes

T3 planets can easily be set to about 1m20s - 1m 30s like it was beforeā€¦ as the tier goes up add 30s to a 1m per tier level since the fields become at times hell to go through.

1 Like

btw whoā€™s bright idea was it to add Tacos? now Iā€™m torn on what to vote for lmao :joy:

2 Likes

I think 2 mins even is perfect.

1 Like

well biitulaā€™s 1m12s ish is fine in my opinion but cephā€™s 25-30s is a lil harsh when they spawn on the other side of the biome

1 Like

I think 2-5 minutes is a good range, higher end for tougher terrain types. I was doing well until they shortened yesterday, got a couple this morning but it was REALLY close, and though I donā€™t know the exact times they started at some I was seeing on Gyosha yesterday were clearly very short, probably under a minute.

My feeling is, err on the side of longer - better that people be happy than frustrated, and we still have to compete against each other. Really, Iā€™d almost say just go to a flat 10-minute timer. More people would be out after them then so more true racing, and if we get a ton of loot in the economyā€¦ well, great! :smiley: Is there really a disadvantage to that? Only twice a year, and limited by the number of gleambows, I donā€™t think weā€™d see a total flood, only difference Iā€™d see between a 2 and 10 minute timer is, newer players would get some too, those well-equipped, at 10 vs 2-3 we wouldnā€™t be getting THAT much more, just less stressful if alone.

4 Likes

It always seemed they wanted this event to be ā€˜relativelyā€™ difficult. With timers under one minute, Iā€™m not interested in regular participation.

At a minute and a half I find most of them challenging but doable. Sure thereā€™s the occasional easy one but they normally spawn far out and etcā€¦ I found yesterday that I would rather be on gloviathosa with 1:20ish timers than boori with ~50 seconds even though I feel boori generally has easier terrain.

In either case I was probably hitting <25% on either planet. I did similar on gyosha but it was much busier so some of those losses were to other players which is fine. For me personally I donā€™t care to go ā€œall outā€ knowing that those are the odds. And tbh the sense of hurry caused me to die a lot more due to rushing :blush:

With timers from the 2:30 to 3:40 mark it was a blast to run around, chasing across the worlds and seeing what you could get. It was rewarding and fun, and very low stress. More foliage? no problem, go again!

I played a ton at every event except for the last gleambow, and oortmas. But with those long timers on it was the most fun Iā€™d had at any event in boundless so far. Iā€™d love to see them at 2:00 and over.

4 Likes

I did notice with the longer timers, there were alot more people racing each other to the meteorsā€¦it was quite exhilarating :grin::+1:. There were some newbie groups trying to race me and I let them have a couple that I was 1st to.

Racing the timer itself kinda has the opposite effect :disappointed:

4 Likes

Maybe for new players 2 minutes is not enough. But for well equipped folks 2 minutes can be unnecessary at times. I think 2 minutes hits the sweet spot :ok_hand:

1 Like

It is their call but I would argue that they should rethink that. Making this fun for everybody is good for the game, it is NOT worth turning off newer players to have a bit more challenge for us vets. And letā€™s say they went with 5-10 - still be competing against each other, still die to other stuff, and all that. Still a challenge, plus the randomness of what you get thrown in - might get five in a row then, but maybe three are mould! :joy:

Let us have our loot piles, making this on the easier side will have us playing more, I donā€™t have stats of course but I feel very sure of that. :slight_smile:

Alternative too: Keep the short timer ones for the Exoworlds. Have them rain down more there like they seem to - AND give them more and better loot to compensate. Keep the permanents on a longer timer. So if you want a real challenge, you go to the Exos.

4 Likes

I know right?? The 1st time I came across a 3+ minute one, I thought it was a bug that I was gonna have to report. So I grabbed some friends and went back. They all said the timers were 3+ minutes for them too & were able to reach many meteors. Then I was like ā€œit must not be a bug then!! Yaaaaay this is fun!!!ā€ Everyone was having a ton of fun

4 Likes

Iā€™m getting timers around 4-5 minutes. Why are people saying 2 minutes? Note that I havenā€™t done an event since 2 days ago so maybe something changed?

The timers vary based on how active the planet is. The more meteors that are spawning the shorter their timers become.

Iā€™ve kind of had the opposite effect personally. As much as I prefer running out with a group of buddies, I get sloppier trying to race them.

Then Iā€™ll be out there solo swinging along as gracefully as a gibbon likeā€¦ I wish someone could see this :joy:

For me, I feel around 3min is a good amount of time, Yes I am able to reach timers that are quite a bit lower, but I take no joy in doing so, and the amount of extra effort and stress to try to reach a one that haves a timer of 1min or less is not worth it for me.

As far as I know, there is very little counterplay to having to deal with bodies of water and when you have to go across a large one which seems to be alot more common then I thought it would be. for a timer that is below 1min and 30sec, that is noramlly a fail, and if it isnā€™t a fail, any single mistake will make it a fail.

For me personally it can often times be extra effort for little gain as I am really only after gleam, any other material I do not really care about. so when timers are very short, I am often putting in effort for something I do not even want. Sometimes there may or may not be a tiny amount black gleam hidden in the materials i do not want, which can sometimes offset that by a little bit.

The 3min timer made the event a no stress event for the 1st time, was enjoyable to do, and did not make me feel like I was going to turn white in rage the moment someone else showed up and want to kill everyone in sight

I tend to play Boundless for a more relaxed gaming experience, and for an event that is only active for about 2 weeks out of a whole year. I do not really see why it also needs to be an high pressure event.

Again, the bottom line is, I can do short timers, with an ā€žokā€œ success rate, however I do not like doing short timers, and the stress I get from a very hard game in LoL is more enjoyable to me then the gleam bow race is for me at this time and is no longer worth my effort at this time.

3 Likes

im ok with 2 minuts but only if its hit the ground then the timer start but not when its hit the ground remains only 30-45 sec

1 Like

That was a bug

like this one? lol

Luckily it landed right in front of me but still its a pain if you have 5-6 hills and water (pending on planet) in your way.

2 Likes