Gleambow Timers

hunt for oort or hunt for :cookie: 's @BabyCookie :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

(>.>) (<.<) (^-^) both sound good Mmmmm

Lol… I’m enjoying my oatmeal raisin cookies right now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I chose Tacos.

1 Like

How do you modify the game file so that you can see the meteor trails once it lands? I recall someone doing this but don’t recall the thread

there’s a mod in this package called meteor box farsight, it’s just a JSON edit you can do manually if you like.

It doesn’t show the trails any more it shows to blue bar indicator and timer at an increased distance.

There’s another one that makes the tails look larger while they’re falling but I’m not aware of one that makes the column over the meteor stand out more once it’s landed.

this.
this is extremely disappointing…
sounds like its time to go back into hibernation…

YUP! no fun.

yup!! :slight_smile: fun.

I wanna shout this from the rooftops!

YUP. I’d be racing right now instead of posting on the forums… not even sure if I wanna go again if there are no changes…

I would only be ok with this if there are no region cooldown tiimers on exos.

100%.

I had a couple of these earlier today… :frowning:

it seems like we are all on the same page…

…devs?

3 Likes

Personally I play below top tier planets to ease the pressure. Ultimately the new timers aren’t too bad but pretty tight. Personally I still feel we should keep this as a low percentage event all year round instead of one or two times a year.

1 Like

I agree with the year round part, but i dont really hunt so the chance of me spawning one is practically nil, if the chances are very low.

What I think would work best is to have a gleambow spawn instead of a regular meteor only if a player is holding a gleambow totem.
If this is the case then I would be ok with a 10-30% chance of gleambow

2 Likes

Actually VERY good clarification. That way people that want it can get the chance and those that don’t won’t.

2 Likes

Riiiiiiggggggghhhhht :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

is the event over yet? how long is the Christmas one going to be? im lucky i managed to buy some oort stone and power my portals but this event really killed my coin purse.

1 Like

GO GO GO!!! you have what 15 seconds to get it lmao

1 Like

Try doing galan under 30 seconds… Pancakes in the way good luck. Water? not gonna happen.

lol even if there wasn’t an ocean and trees to get through…that’s too dang far off

And not reaching this holy grail of meteors was painful…I’ve been wishing for a jewel toned, shadow/pure color gleam one

sadface

2 Likes

I’ve been getting to level 1 non gleam and intentionally letting them fail to increase the timer so I can get the gleam ones. It doesn’t do much but it helps. Working as intended?

3 Likes

Dunno. I’ve actually been doing the same thing while I’m checking timers. Not collecting anything. Of course…I would have collected that gleam one if I had reached it in time lol

Maybe a meteor strike is in order until the timers reset :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I don’t believe the non-gleam meteors affect the timers, but I could be wrong as I wasn’t watching for it. What I have noticed is that for each gleambow meteor I complete the timer drops by 5 seconds for the next one and for each one I miss the timer increases by 5 seconds for the next one, this might be based on the number of people currently on the planet though as I was on Galan alone before I went to bed and noticed this happening.

Good observation… will need to pay attention to that when I attempt another round later in the day :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only noticed the timer increasing for the missed ones when I was down to a 30 sec timer so it may not be 1:1 at higher times, I too will be paying more attention to it from now on.

Another thing I’ve noticed is spawning mechanic seems to work kind of opposite to regular meteors in that they spawn in the region you have been in. If I walked through 2 or 3 regions before hitting the centre of an unexplored region then 2 or 3 meteors would spawn at the same time. Not 100% sure on this mechanic though as these results weren’t 100% consistent.