🧊 Glide Track - New Form of Player Transportation

Since sovereign planets have come out I’ve been planning all sorts of builds and creations, thought it was about time I released this one. Been sitting on it for about 6 months now, hope you enjoy and can put it to good use :smile:

Feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel + follow my Twitch channel for Videos + Streams:
YouTube (videos) - Ovis Gaming - YouTube
Twitch (streams) - Twitch

39 Likes

haha - legend

its a bit like railway; need for a special track

time to build the lines between towns on all worlds

or city transport - larger settlements would use that to connect farther parts :grin:

and what sorcery is that with the beveled block making portal to load faster?

EDIT: as for jumping epic and floating pie combined: can it be that higher jump plus floating make you hit trampoline harder, gaining more speed both up and down and that causing speed loss because of hitting ground faster acts like breaks? or maybe you don’t gain maximum possible speed because you hit the trampoline before epic and pie give you maximum speed? (would placing trampoline line one block higher work better for epic and pie?)

2 Likes

I love that this is compact enough that it can just be a little people-mover on the side of a normal road.

2 Likes

@boundmore Putting the Trampoline block higher does work for Floating Pie (it accelerates faster and peaks just over 20 mps), but thats only applicable for the Floating Pie and you lose the smoothness. So if you wanted to travel a far distance without a portal, then eat a Floating Pie and put the trampoline blocks 1 higher for sure (3 air gaps) :smile:

@Rydralain 100% :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I appreciate the things you teach us, so thank you for this. Annnnd I’m not going to lie and say I don’t also like the free advertising for VanGoo’s Paints you have up there on your tracker. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

New transportation mode. What do you think @Nezhno?

2 Likes

Thank you! Hahaha I picked up some Rust Taupe sprays just before the video :joy:

1 Like

Platform hunts are old school. I demand glide track hunts :joy:.

11 Likes

Oh dear, @Dubbanz, this looks neat! Please don’t give me any new ideas lol. Nicely done @Ovis! Really cool.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same. Long roads between regions.

2 Likes

Cheers mate :+1:

it doesn’t make it load faster, the bevel in front of the portal just ensures that as long you are still jumping, its pushing you against the portal so when it does load you already have the direction to jump into it. Its probably loading fast because the target portal is in the same region thats already loaded.

2 Likes

Great find. Love To see New stuff.

Would it go faster on stairs if you place trampolines bottom?

2 Likes

The issue would be trampolines bounce in all directions. Not just vertically. So you would jump, hit the bevel and be pushed horizontally, but then you would hit the trampoline and just bounce right back in the direction you came from.

If you could make it work, you would have to make some kind of gapped staircase with a empty gap in between and hope the momentum was enough to fling you 2 blocks horizontally when you hit the bevel.

2 Likes

I love it :heart: I definitely will use it on my build

1 Like

Oh Lawd! Who needs Devs when we have an Ovis? lol. Ovis, that is spectacular, dude! I’m running out of kudos & cookies to give but I’ll find more just for you. I promise!

2 Likes

@Buugi Cheers dude :slight_smile: With the stairs, it needs to be Ice as it allows you to slide along the block before your next jump. If don’t use Ice, but just a normal block, then you need 2 jumps per stair (one to get you up, then another to move you closer to the next step) and with Trampoline, you actually get hit backwards. As when landing on a Trampoline, holding jump, doesn’t make you jump instantly, instead you bounce on the trampoline till your bounces get small enough to allow you to jump again - a lot harder to explain in text than just testing it :joy: If you’re using Float. Pies or Jump Epic then you’re better off making a bigger set of stairs jumping like 3 blocks or something

@Angellus - Spot on :ok_hand:

@Hela - Awesome, if you do, lemme know!

@iRedactoid - Haha thanks my man, I appreciate it :fist_right: :fist_left:

1 Like

@DKPuncherello something here looks… just not right.

Gotta be more specific lol. What’s up

It’s a huge mall… without glide tracks.

5 Likes