GlitchWorld - At its End

Our three soviergns will not be going down. I got a lot of fuel in them so we have almost 4 months (15 week) for the lowest and 22 weeks for our highest.

Our gleamclub will stand for at least a year, but as I said, we have not quit. We are just on a break. We would like to see an answer to a problem, and until a formal response is provided we are just enjoying other games.

we wanted to stay as a community, so we bought our main ps4 guild members pc’s so they could stay with us.

Thanks for those who support our decision, and thanks for the love everyone.

2 Likes

What DK and I were saying is that if you want “a formal response” to anything from the devs regarding a non-game-breaking issue, you better get yourselves conformtable or make sure that it impacts them directly in terms of money (so telling them “if you don’t help us, we’ll let our sovereign worlds die”. That might make James react).
Otherwise, why would they care if you go on a break or not, as long as you keep paying them?

Woah. That sounds like a huge investment, especially since during COVID times some components got stupidly expensive due to scalpers. o_o

I hear it has performance issues on PC, so I’ll wait a bit longer until I hear known reviewers say “yeah, it’s all good now”.

But I do hear great things about it. Will be my first entry into the FromSoftware games. ^^

Following up several months later.

Our troll came on yesterday to make their sign more noticable, despite best efforts and I still haven’t even gotten a read-confirmation for my formal message to the developers.

So as it stands. I am done with the game entirely until a response is made. The message to devs was opened on November 7th, 2021. it is now June 28th, 2022. We are rapidly approaching a year of someone breaking the Terms of Service and no response or feedback [good or bad] from the developers.

So at this point, I am of the believe the game rules do not matter to them, or there is absolutely no support remaining for the game.

It’s a very sad state of affairs, because our group LOVES Boundless, I have spent more time in this game than any other game in my life. And I have bought so many legitimate copies of the game, through steam for others so they too can join… only to find that the state of things in support has declined.

So with this, I have messaged TNT and told them Refgar needs a new hub location since I no longer have the will to keep fueling a portal to a soon to rot city.

Thank you friends, all of you for the good memories. Thank you for the good times. But for now, this is my goodbye.

15 Likes

the sign says:

now I do not see this as ‘‘name shaming’’ since no individual has been named, however it doesn’t mean it is not a problem! the lack of support is pathetic.*

we already talked about it, but to quit playing for something this little is laughable in a way.
if your group ‘‘LOVES’’ boundless you would not quit over something this little, but fight it and ignore it
there are worse scenarios in the game that need support.
you could even make a wall sky high and make something out of it, do not let your game get spoiled by trolls or haters, that is their aim, and it seems he or she has won
you were running a city, a capital, to just quit like that and leave the entire city and its people in the dust is not a good thing either.
That’s just my honest opinion, but everyone has their own view and handles things differently.

i hope it gets solved soon, i just wished you and your group had more willpower

ps at the guy that owns the sign, I’m pretty sure you peek into this thread.
please let it go, please remove the signs, I’m even willing to give you what you lost!
so everyone can just play in peace!
there’s enough cr@p going on and this is just silly and childish.
you can contact me or see me in-game or PM me here on the forums.

1 Like

Sent you a PM. :white_heart:

6 Likes

@HOST It is all a matter of perspective as it could be viewed as a lack of willpower by not holding the stance you have had in a request for support from the devs.

I will also be willing to give the player that owns this sign whatever “stuff” he had taken in an effort to resolve this issue.

It is quite sad. I honestly do not know that the devs would actually even do something to resolve the issue to be honest. It’s another reason I have moved everything to a sovereign it just solves 99% of all the issues one could could/would have with issues like this.

It would be a lot to rebuild Glitchworld and I do know that there is a build that is very sentimental to the people, but you could always preserve the build and move everything else to a sovereign.

There again though, I totally understand not wanting to support the game monetarily whatsoever due to the lack of support.

Regardless, hate to see you go @noniethepup if there is anything I can do please reach out.

8 Likes

Well I’m sorry to see you all go. I know how frustrating it is that you couldn’t even get a response from the devs. But that said, quitting over the 2x2 or 3x3 plotted store in your mall area really doesn’t make sense. When I was told about this awhile back and looked at it. Sure it would be irritating. But it was a tiny area amongst your massive city. I don’t think it was reason enough to quit then. And it certainly isn’t now either. And I only know about this because I was told the person was running around with Reapers tags on and I should kick them out of my guild. Which I reluctantly did not knowing anything that was going on. I agree with @HOST. You have the plots around. Just build a nice façade around leaving access for them as to not break the rules and with a pattern that can be duplicated if they continue to build up. That’s what I would do at least. I hope you don’t actually quit over this cause so many of us will miss your company and you have always been a great part of the community. Plus who else is going to call me cutie when they see me in game. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

It’s perspective. To some of us it may not seem like enough reason to quit the game over a 2x2 shop in a massive city, but while only one rule may be broken here, it goes to show that the devs aren’t doing much about issues such as this. At minimum, they should be replying to an email or a message saying what they CAN or CAN’T do.

Some people may think it’s not worth quitting the game over that while others may think it is not worth playing the game when devs don’t at least show they care about their game or its community.

@james @Leahlemoncakes @blake @vdragon anything you can do here?

5 Likes

I 100% agree. It is about perspective. And everyone deals with things differently. It’s not like I haven’t been upset and thought about reclaiming everything and moving on as well. But normally, for me anyways, having some time to cool down and think about things I change my mind.
But in this case there’s been plenty of time to change there feelings on quitting.

And of obviously it would be nice if the Devs did something about it either way. Or at the very least respond. But this is the way it’s been from the Devs for over a year. And I fear there’s nothing that can be done about that. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

The thing here is @Redlotus I do agree and disagree, they have been contacting the devs about this case, other people have been contacting about the glitchworld case, even me I gave my support to try and get it solved, we all know contacting the devs ain’t going to solve things for now. Is this worth quiting over? Then everyone would have left already, isn’t it also about enjoyable game-play. I do get it that some people quit until we get updates, I do get it that some people quit for lack of communication from the dev team, I do get it that people quit because of others and trolls but is it just me and is this just so minimum to leave the game for? If anyone could change my mind for a valid reason for this incident please share it with me, maybe I’m to positive

2 Likes

Oh I totally agree. I can’t tell you what is worth quitting over as I am sure what might be worth quitting over for me would be different for you and different for every other person.

I can’t speak for @noniethepup but I can say, I do not believe she nor many from Glitch World have been online much since this issue was first mentioned quite a long time ago.

It’s standing up for something. @HOST you are standing up for the game like many others do (including myself) and Nonie is standing up for what she believes is a violation of the rules and since nothing is being done about it she is saying her goodbye. Goodbye to a game that she loves due to a team that should at least communicate to her and the community that supports the game.

All in all it’s just a game, but there are people that try to create drama for whatever reason when many of us are simply playing a game to escape drama IRL. Games should be fun and not a struggle or a battle with another person over plots of digital land or attacking each other over some lost items that I am sure could have been returned in some way.

I’m not saying who is right or wrong, all I am saying is everyone has a limit of just how much BS one can take … before moving on.

It would be a real shame if the servers shut down tomorrow and all the drama, the arguing and the shameful behavior by the few ruined such a good time for a good community.

1 Like

I left boundless for like a year?? I dunno cause I was concerned about playing a game with no active support. I was worried I’d invest so much and have it messed up. I left and nothing was even WRONG for me, lol. So I get the frustration. I came back cause, well, I figured I’d bleed the fun out of the game while the well was open :wink: Cause I do so enjoy it.

5 Likes

This is not about the plot. I really don’t care what he does with it. it’s the fact the devs have ignored a plea for help for almost a year. With regular messages, pings, comments, updates there absolutely wasn’t even a response.

The items this person is wanting or claim that were wrongfully taken-- which I don’t know how one “steals” from a plot if the plot owner gave an individual permission… Pretty sure James commented on this awhile ago it’s the beacon owner’s responsibility to know who they give access to-- But otherwise, I don’t know how someone ‘steals’ without permission.

Anywhoo, If the community wants to give into the persons demands [I feel is more Extortion] then you are welcome to do so. But my belief is the lack of response, the lack of care the lack of even law is what makes me want to leave.

People make rules to establish guidelines, if there is no order, no punishment for breaking those rules, then why have them at all?

The List:
Chest reference: The individual used Gleam Chests

All Advance Coils
Refinery 96
Mixer 168
Compactor 168
extractor 24
Chrysintominter + 8 Coils
Centraforge Coils 72
Spark Generators 8

Metals (Raw)
silver 1/2 chest
Titanium 1/2 chest
Copper 1/2 chest

Coal 2 chests each of soft med and hard
Spark 4 stacks

Kindling Shards 1/2 chest
Kidling Kernals 3 stacks

Orbs all types ( 2 chest each)

Gems
Diamonds Emeralds ruby Sapphires 1/2 chest each (raw)

Rift Blink Umbris 4 stack each ( raw)

OORT 7 chests (raw)

Tech Remnants All types 1 chest each type

Fruit / Berries 2 chest each type
Meat all types 2 chest each

Centraforge Bases compound and pastes

Feathers 150

I had started gather the items and my guild told me not to-- we didn’t take the things, so why should we replace it, for someone who is going to hold a city spot hostage like a younger human? It’s petty for the actions the individual is doing, sure. But the lack of response from the development team is what upsets me more.

And correct-- I have logged in to refuel portals, and check on friends beacons, but I haven’t built anything but a wall around this offending plot, on my own beaconed land. What did the user do? User logged in to make their sign higher than the wall, modified the text to shame us further.

I am still standing my ground-- the devs have no support for the community. And until shown otherwise, I am not going to play. There are plenty of ways to watch and see activity without logging in. I have plenty of friends here who would love to have us back when that time comes… but I say this: Why pay for something that doesn’t give you anything back? Why invest in something that just consumes but doesn’t give?

Just my two cents.

For all who commented, thank you. This topic is more just stating the current situation and going forward.

As stated in my post above, we aren’t looking to play until a response is received from the Developers. If they deem the sign not Naming OR Shaming-- which thanks to @HOST’s image, shows litteral SHAME of “Glitch World” which is against then Fine-- That is a response, But to ignore someone-- SEVERAL people for months with no reply is bad service.

Would you go to a place again that provided bad service?

@majorvex, since I don’t wish this to turn into a drama post, can this be closed? If a developer wishes to open this up for comments/input/feedback they have the ability to open it. If you wish to discuss privately on my decision-- I am available on Discord in the Official Boundless Discord. OR here on the forums.

10 Likes

As Nonie stated I find it indeed also wrong to follow some black mailing. That person just wants his/her hands full of stuff that surely has not even been stolen :expressionless: either living their life happy in boundless with tons of stuff or even quitting after receiving it lol. Nonie wants to leave kinda anyways since there’s lack of support and maintenance. As she stated. I don’t get why helping out that troll then? It does not help Nonie since she’s clearly disappointed in the developer team and I’m sure we all are! There are death threads towards people and if you report it, you’re not getting an answer from the oh so lovely dev team that is still ?‘maintaining’ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
There’s kinda worse in game and on forum that does not get support. In the end however, it’s Nonie’s choice how she wants to deal with all of that. And helping or not helping a blackmailer… I just stated my opinion to it. I know many will disagree with me. That’s just my thought about it

2 Likes

@noniethepup Glitch needs to stand their ground, there list feels like a ransom list more than anything. Just remember what ever happens glitch will always rise from the Ashe’s like the Phoenix it is.

5 Likes

Maybe it was a reclaim beacon that got given permission to someone because that guy thought he wants to leave but then decided otherwise

Cough Cough I call ** that’s whoever trying to get what he wants for free

Yesh i would!! The World is full of second chances
Personal Example this planet has provided bad service to me in RL but doesn’t mean to give up (this sentence makes no sense) or should I punch in my ticket now just cause I’m weak and can’t see beyond me & not give this planet a 2nd chance. “**** No Boop”. I See You and All of Glitch as Strong individuals that part of the glue that held me togethor all these years, I just don’t see my Mama Letting this Petty Individual Win the War

@noniethepup chan and Glitch Guild I :heart: you no matter what decision you do, just don’t forget all the fun and good times we all share as 1 and maybe more who needs content when we have each other

P.S. you always have a home on Boundless (excluding the devs) and always welcome on Houchus :cookie:

4 Likes

What are the options for us in general? I mean I guess I’d prefer the Boundless world stay even if the support is minimal (for example some of the forum challenges of late). Then have them say…well,…we can’t be active like they wish so bye bye Boundless? Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets oiled, sometimes it’s gets sent to the local trash dump. It remains my hope someday they can give the game some love and I’d rather play until then.

5 Likes

Closed at OP’s request.