Glow sticks

So this just hit me as I was thinking of how to make exploring a bit more interesting. Since bomb throwing is going to be a thing in the game, how about throwing glow sticks that you’ve crafted out of gems that help light up an area?

They could basically be something like a torch that you throw and bounces off the ground a couple times then stops. It could be a useful way of lighting up the bottom of a cavern without risking your life grappling down or simply YOLO jumping through the darkness.

The idea is inspired by Terraria. I was that guy you’d so throwing a million +1 glow sticks down holes and all over the place cause it was cheaper and easier than torches.

11 Likes

Oh my god that is an amazing idea.

Maybe we can make them in different colours.

4 Likes

definitely - depending on gleam used it should have its color.

3 Likes

Yes please!

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_dzpmds99opkcsooswg0skkwk0_640

6 Likes

I’m definitely with this one

I thought gems but gleam can work. Either way, I want to throw glow sticks at people just as much as I want to throw snowballs. lol

2 Likes

Once the forge comes out… it would be interesting to add a tracer/glow stick effect for slingbows & bombs >.> :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

But… but I want glow sticks so I can have disco night in my town project when it’s done! :smiley:

3 Likes

ah yes, gems - yeah sticks would have light same as gem torches so

Well to me it doesn’t matter how they would be crafted.

I just want to throw glow sticks at people’s heads. lol

2 Likes

Is there a “deposit money here” slot for this idea? This would make caving such a cool thing. Throwing the gleam stick and just lowering down using the grapple. Would be rather realistic, I like it.

1 Like

Well since slingbows are a thing in the game… it wouldn’t be too far’fetched either for them to design a flare gun of sorts too. Could not only be a way to go caving but also signal other players during monster hunting groups, tracking down certain resources, or even alerting players of some kind of need for help.

All of these ideas seem like they wouldn’t take much to implement either because the base tech will be made anyways or exists currently in the game.

@james Can you please give us some cool stuff like this? I’ll personally worship you! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

and a flare boooomb…

2 Likes

The joke… “I just flared you” might be a thing… ahhahaha

And “I just sticked you” for glow sticks ROFL

2 Likes

It would be cool to make it a proper glow “stick”, where you could throw it at a distant wall and it would stick to it. Essentially like a throwable torch.

3 Likes

ok that’s pretty cool idea it could then be collected again for future use

2 Likes

Yes, but it should have a timer on how long it stays around. Like 30 minutes seems to be a fair amount of time IMO.

2 Likes

yea we don’t want millions of glow sticks about in caves

2 Likes

Well, if that happened I wouldn’t need to throw them around in the cave. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes