Goo Disappears?

The only people that had perms are my alts and Ovis. :eyes: lol.
It appears as though any goo grown on rock that was not close enough to gleam, or too close to natural light is gone.

I am sure there was more goo. I blocked off the natural light so I could grow the goo closer to those openings on purpose for looks. All that goo is gone.

This is the new workshop area and an example how much goo should be there.

This is just outside the arcade and one of the first areas of the slums that I added goo well over a year ago.
The only goo still there is close too gleam light close to the wall and on the stalactite close to the gleam in the sign. The whole ceiling had it randomly around.

I have no clue how long ago this changed. I haven’t built much down there in ages.
Either way. I’m not upset about it. Just weird and good to know if you’re using goo for decorating dark caves.

3 Likes

Every block of open air inside the caves is plotted?

You can plant crops on plotted blocks that grow into unplotted space. Then people can harvest them.

1 Like

Can’t edit posts any more but I logged in and went over there. I didn’t see any plotting gaps, regardless of where there’s still goo or not.

Even withering plants don’t vanish, right? If it’s not a permissions/honesty issue it may be useful information when there’s a dev team.

1 Like

There definitely isn’t any plotting gaps.

There’s a few spots in the caves that go from the slums to under my base where it was dark and there’s no goo there either.

I had to add gleam to get the goo to grow and removed a bunch after so it would be darker. In the dark areas the goo is gone. So I think it might be the absence of gleam.

Right I do think that would be a bug though. I may plant a couple, too. I recently moved my little hub into a cave.

2 Likes

I agree that it could be a bug. I’m curious if it’s repeatable.

:thinking: I had a huge farm for years (ashed it earlier this year). 80% of my farm was planted on just stones with lava above. No gleam, zero light source (had to bring a totem light to see anything).

4 Likes

I’m going to do a test patch somewhere and check it periodically.

5 Likes