Goo Disappears?

I’ve been looking for a topic on this, but I have limited knowledge on goo itself. I’ve been trying to find more info but can’t find exactly what I’m asking.

So my question is this:

What makes goo disappear? Is it natural light? Is it time? Is it that the conditions didn’t allow it to grow in the first place so it just disappears?

I didn’t even realize this was possible and I’m not sure why…. Haven’t seen this with other crops so I dunno :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Like, a plant here and there, or a crop vanished?

1 Like

The only way i can see it hapen is if you put it outside your plot. So when the world regen, it disapere.

1 Like

Agree with what others have said. I’ve never had goo disappear, even if it was planted with low output percentages or sat for a very long time. Anything can disappear if it’s placed outside of a beacon, and remember that your beacon has boundaries on all sides - above, below, and all 4 directions.

1 Like

Where had this happened? If you share the location I’d be happy to go have a look.

Other than it not being plotted, I could see it being because of lava proximity.

I’ve been farming goo for a long time and I have never had a plant just randomly disappear. However, it’s happened to me that when planting seeds I’ve skipped a block and only noticed when harvesting. This is why now I like to plant rows of 100 or 2 rows of 50. That way I know for sure if I’ve put all the plants in

1 Like

Ok so for context- when georgio and I were looking at his new workshop build - he had planted a bunch of goo on the ceilings for effect so we went and checked an old build and I’d say over 70% of what was planted, on rock, underground, was gone. In a potted area. We’re both sure that there was tons more than the few clumps that were down there.

I’m wondering if the fact that cave has some natural light and it seemed to only keep clumps that weren’t in that direct light … is that a thing?

1 Like

So it needs to be near lava or it could disappear?

1 Like

No. Lava touching it could make it disappear. Like any other crops.
I have a tree with goo planted on it. 100% still on it

Any possibilities that the rock that had the goo on it might have been hit by someone ?

1 Like

No. There was way too much gone. I’m just trying to figure it out so I don’t waste my time or materials using it for effect and also learn something here.

Like I said I have very little goo knowledge- mind you this didn’t happen over night - been months since I’ve looked at it

1 Like

Light only halts the growing as far as I know

1 Like

That’s what I thought. Very peculiar…

1 Like

If you are certain that no one with perms could have gone there and removed it (on purpose or accidentally), I guess it might be a bug?

We could always try to recreate this

1 Like

Georgios plots. Certain nobody has perms lol

I’m not sure why I just know it did happen.
Not everywhere just the main area in the slums

1 Like

Good to know there’s nothing that should make it disappear- it’s not a withering plant so :woman_shrugging: hmmm

Wellp. I dunno

1 Like

Any chance it was plotted on a rock that was in the reserved area? I had something I thought was in a plot but technically was not because it was attached to a reserve plot.

1 Like

Definitely not in this case

1 Like

I think anything that is grown wouldn’t disappear like that. I have some goo and other stuff that I hid so it would grow but now sees light…

1 Like

Appreciate the help guys. I suppose there is no reason other than a possible bug or something…. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

The ceiling in the slums had a lot of goo. A lot is gone. It’s all plotted.
Awhile back I thought some was missing but it’s very randomly placed so it was difficult to tell. But now some time later. There is very little left.
It was only there for looks. Just weird. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hmm. Maybe check the beacon permissions to see if you accidentally checked a name you didn’t intend to? Did you chisel the topside of the blocks in a way that goo could no longer adhere to it?

2 Likes