Goo Layout

Hey Oortianer,
have anyone build a goo Layout with 101% seed or more?
Its make me crazy because i cant build something like that :frowning:

It is not possible to get even 100% on seeds from Goo.

Best you can get is 95% planting on rock

But if 95% the best, why it looks not Green?

Not sure, but in test and in live none of us have gotten 100%. Lots of forum posts about it.

okay then it makes no sense in my opinion to waste time :slight_smile: to operate a farm that does not seed at least 100% seeds is not economical

2 Likes

Personally I would agree with you. Especially since each pigment can only color one block. Does not seem worth the time, but there are players that are fully engaged in the process.

1 Like

Not even the 105% of the kindling or the 110% of the combustion are that good in the short term. Yes you can get seeds in the long term but to me, it feels like wasted effort.

1 Like

At least I can replant my fields without having to find the kernals again. I agree it does seem low, but we are lucky to get that since originally they did not want any seed yield to be 100% or more. Can you image having to re gather after every harvest. I personally would not farm at all.

4 Likes

Well yeah I’ve come to that realisation too, sure it lowers furnace times but if you have enuff furnaces you can divide stuff.

I don’t see myself using the new fuels at all really…

1 Like

The enriched blocks are pretty :3

7 Likes

I agree they make some pretty blocks. Used them in test and on a sanctum rebuild

the floor

1 Like

Well yeah, maybe to build with, but not as a fuel :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They make really nice building blocks lol. Just don’t light a match in there lol

1 Like

Why what could happen?

oh…

3 Likes

I have like idk 18 titanium furnaces or so? Rarely did i ever need more. If i use the new fuels, it’s for building/decor purposes only - that’s unless some new machine is introduced that uses only these new fuels and even then, it better be worth it xD

How about the max number of crop rate ? is that 95 % as well ? If not i guess maybe invest in crop rate, at least you can get 1 more extra sometimes. But still, looks like it’s not very worth to do it at the moment.

So on that note i got those 2 hours of getting frustrated where pointless.

Maybe its the gleam…
Maybe its the sponge…
Maybe its the growth…
Maybe its the rock…
Maybe its a combination…
:triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph:

Why isn’t it working…
Lets go see other farms…
Why can’t i find seed farms…
Maybe they didn’t have time to build them yet…
Why can’t i find any goo seed farm…
I give up, go to bed and look tomorrow again…

Now reading this… :expressionless: damn… what a waist of time.

2 Likes

I don’t think the dev made goo farming sustainable because exoworlds would lose their value if everything you need, besides decor blocks, can be attain from somewhere else.

Crop rate you can get up to 350% - so definite 3 pigments, with a 50% chance of an extra one.

People just need to remember that you only really need to try and optimise goo for seed when you want to mutate the colour of it. It’s just a different mechanic to the other crops. And not one that is meant to enable you to respray an entire build over night.

Personally, I am just going to stockpile as many goo pigment colours as possible, so when I get around to setting up a Pigment Processor, I can just mix the colours instead of mutating them.

2 Likes

Best practice I have found with goo is to start with a very large base of seed and just expect the diminishing returns. You can still replant the same kernel 10-15 times, sometimes more (RNG is a curious thing) before a farm fully dried up. By then you will have loads of pigment to mess with, and it’s time to go gathering more seeds. Goo is not a crop to start small and expand like yams. Start big or dont start at all.

3 Likes