Good gleam colors for glass blocks?

Hello everyone! I am starting to farm materials for my 2020 build and was wondering what colors people are using for the glass blocks? I’m going to end up using about 120k of them and was originally going to use the gleam from kada, but I don’t really like how it looks. I would love for a black gleam exo to pop when I have a bunch of time to farm the gleam, but I don’t see that happening anytime soon. Does anyone have any good substitutes for black gleam in their glass blocks?

2 Likes

I was going to make a bunch of white ones, but I don’t really like the way they look. A bit too opaque imo. I find that teal/turquoise colors look good & are fairly versatile as are the darker sepia/orange/purples.

Black gleam planet. We. Need. You. :rofl:

7 Likes

Since u need a lot probably best to stick to permanent gleam. Try Silk yellow or dark orange

2 Likes

yea id agree that dark orange is the way to go for a large project like that.

1 Like

I am working with the white pains and blocks atm more for decoration purposes. And if you come by at night you wouldn’t say that i am using a lot of white.

3 Likes

Black is to me the quintessential glass look. Seems I’m not alone either.

I actually gave away most of my black gleam too, simply because I didn’t have enough for it to be worth hanging onto.

Once a black gleam exo planet comes around, I think I’ll make multiple trips there with regen bombs, until I have at the very least a few ornate boxes full.

6 Likes

Join the club. Waiting for that myself so I can get the industrial amount of black glass I want to use.

1 Like

I have one comparing black with dark orange on a permanent planet, this one is a screenshot I done on Test trying to determine which color to use, but black just looks the best.

Left opening is black, the right opening is dark orange, and I don’t really like the orange hue in the right one compared to the left. I was also comparing the look of full blocks with the panes, so I’ve got panes on the right and the full block to the left.

1 Like

Which gleam color makes the most transparent glass?

Black, but atm it’s in limited supply since it only comes from gleambow. And I don’t think we’ll be seeing it unless the exo algorithm is changed or it’s manually spawned

I love strong cherry for a particular application. I guess my only hope is to make gleam universe very, very rich

1 Like

Best I’ve found is sand and silty :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::money_with_wings:

4 Likes

Try Silk Turquoise. I use this colour on my build a lot for glass panes, glass block etc

1 Like

Oh it’s no use. I’m told that my sense of style would only have been ‘in’ in the 1930’s germany. So it’s black marble and strong cherry glass for my tower of doom megaproject/portal hub/shopping mall/parkour house :smiley:

Thanks, everyone! After checking out everything I think I’ll be going with silk turquoise unless a really lucky exo hits. Now to mark everything out, do some more math and get to farming!

The one that I found to be very close to black glass is dark turquoise. Very worthy substitute.
The only caveat is that it was on a previous exo so there may not be too much in circulation atm

1 Like

Yeah, I need about 120k of it at a minimum, so it needs to be something I can mass farm. I have a couple of months before I’ll be turning it all into the glass. I have a bunch of prepping to do before I start using the glass for the dome. With any luck, I’ll get a good dark color pop with easy to farm amounts, but I do like the tint of the silk turq.

1 Like

Fair enough just figured I would throw that out there as one to maybe keep an eye out for.

Seems to me that the darker the color of gleam the more transparent the glass is

1 Like

I appreciate it and will be keeping an eye out :smiley:

1 Like

It’ll be worth making a small batch and placing it where your plan to build, so you can see how it changes at different times of day for the planet you’re on.

1 Like